Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Data, analytics, and customer insights: You and your team will answer a wide range of tactical and strategic questions about our customers, employees, and overall business performance. You’ll work closely with leaders across the CX organization to proactively identify and scope their business intelligence and data analysis needs, provide recommendations on the best metrics to measure and watch, and turn data into critical insights that can be used to make sound business decisions.Here’s What You’ll Do Day-to-day
Here’s What We're Looking For
- Lead the design, development and support of CX Analytics reports, dashboards, and insights by ingesting data from multiple sources and presenting the information in a user-friendly way.
- Provide thought leadership in the area of CX Data and Insights to enable Gusto’s CX teams to deliver a world-class customer experience to customers, including prescribing ways the business can better leverage data insights.
- Deliver insights to Gusto’s CX Leadership team about Gusto’s CX performance, including insights into the customer experience of Gusto’s customers and the CX Organization’s efficiency.
- Scale the CX Data and Insights team through the development of architectural best practices, data foundations, and the team processes.
- Scale the Support Analytics team through the development of architectural best practices, data foundations, and the team processes.
- Partner with stakeholders in CX to enable the business to be data-driven, and provide data insights for all key initiatives across the CX functions.
- Partner with stakeholders in Product, Engineering, and Sales to deliver CX related insights that enable those organizations.
- Partner with leaders in the business intelligence and data science groups across Gusto to define best practices, and drive alignment on shared goals and initiatives.
- A positive attitude and outlook.
- Enjoys working with a high-performing, fast-paced team.
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate well, and mentor managers, analysts, and data scientists.
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences.
- A track record of recruiting and leading technical teams in a demanding talent market.
- Experience building enterprise grade, reliable and trustworthy reporting, BI, and analytic services.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Technical competency in Cloud environments, Data Warehouse architectures, and Data Engineering methods.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Outstanding written and oral skills.
- Ability to travel.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in CS, MIS, or equivalent discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in managing data analysts, data engineers, or data scientists.
- 10+ years of experience in technical leadership.
- Experience being hands-on technically, with a good understanding of the data stack.
- Experience explaining complex analyses and business recommendations to stakeholders.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $192,000 to $220,000 in Denver and most remote locations, and $225,000 to $258,000 in San Francisco & New York. Remote locations will vary based on our geographical pay approach. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate location, experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.