Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
This is a full-time permanent position based in Singapore responsible for boarding of new participants, implementing projects, delivery of card, terminal products and providing operational support to DGN(DN/DCI) franchises, issuers, acquirers, processors, network to network partners, digital acquirers and software vendors in the Asian Pacific (APAC) region with major focus on Japan.
- Provide day to day support for DCI franchises, agency acquirers, agency acquirer processors, International Service Establishments, and ISE processors. This includes researching complex situations and supporting the participants on all aspect of operations and managing participant operational relationships.
- Support Participants through the DCI annual release process. This includes managing and coordinating certification, ensuring the Participants follow DCI network rules and regulations, and engaging the participants to support Discover and Diners Club key initiatives.
- Support local Business Development teams to expand Discover and DCI Cards in Force and acceptance footprints. This includes boarding new franchises, issuers, acquirers, processors and software vendors on DCI Network, and assisting contract negotiation and Due Diligence
- Manage the DCI participants within the assigned portfolio. Analyze end to end transaction processing, help to troubleshoot any card decline issues or card holder acceptance compliance. Investigate ATM/POS acceptance issues and being capable to provide issue resolutions
- Must be able to implement projects like contact, contactless, protect buy (3D secure) and others as projected by growth in Japan market.
- Ensures product implementation goals are met by creating/managing a clear strategy and implementation prioritization for the region, and by providing SME support to internal and external partners to deliver against the strategy. These products include but not limited to EMV, Tap on Mobile, Transit, 3DS, SRC, Card on File, and Digital Wallets.
- Responsible for product delivery approach for Japan across key business partners and manages clear communications around progress against strategy.
- Manages relationships with DFS partners to ensure the product delivery processes are effective.
- Sets Japan priorities for incentives and ensures tracking to incentive goals.
- Identifies opportunities to deliver training or provides other Japan specific support materials such as client-facing presentations.
- Represent DFS at industry and client events, and prepares and delivers SME-level presentations to all levels of internal and external management.
- Manage priorities and time to work across time zones to coordinate and manage expectations of the clients and support teams.
Qualifications & Experience
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated cross functional knowledge of the Payment Network Industry focusing on operations and relationship management, which results in the ability to make critical project recommendations and decisions.
- Experience and knowledge in international payment network systems, technical, product delivery and operational knowledge in authorization, clearing/settlement, and dispute process will be strongly desirable.
- Strong project management/product management skills with experience managing multi-faceted project throughout the entire project life cycle. Demonstrated skills in leading a group of people towards meeting a common project milestone/goal.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in parallel.
- Self-motivated, demonstrated ability to work & lead teams independently with little direct supervision and flexible with working hours.
- Strong communication skills which allow effective communication with all levels of employees, customers and management.
- Excellent writing skills, with a demonstrated ability to create presentations, reports and persuasive papers (position papers).
- Skills developing and delivering presentations to both internal and external audiences.
- Positive attitude and flexibility are necessary to work with diverse cultures and teams.
- Experience in Japan Card & Payment Market Landscape
- Fluent speaking and writing of Japanese & English
- Must be comfortable to do technical document, email, phone call and meeting translations when necessary.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
Discover is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Discover is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status. (Know Your Rights)