We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.Job Title
Manager, AI GovernanceOverview
The Data Strategy and Management team is looking for a Manager, AI Governance to drive our Responsible AI strategy forward by taking ownership of governance processes. The successful candidate will report to the Vice President, Data Strategy, in the office of the Chief Data Officer. This role is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with a background in Data Science and an interest in structural leadership and orchestration. The ideal candidate is passionate about Responsible Tech, intellectually curious, analytical, highly organized and collaborative.In This Impactful Role, You Will
- Implement and manage AI Governance processes, including analyzing the risk associated with use of AI across the global enterprise, measuring organizational progress, and evaluating opportunities, including data assets and externally-developed tools.
- Work with data science leaders, engineering, legal and risk management partners, as well as external and internal researchers, to implement improvements to AI Governance processes, making them clearer, faster to work with and more comprehensive.
- Collaborate with your AI/Model Governance colleagues and partners to assess and mitigate project risk, by reviewing data science projects for risk (e.g. bias risk), analyzing artifacts including model evaluation results, and recommending risk mitigation strategies.
- Realize your personal values and Mastercard’s AI and Data-related ethical principles, by contributing to strategic objectives, developing standards and guidance, producing external communications and participating in the Responsible Tech community.
The Following Is Also Desirable
- Have a background in working with (or supporting teams who work with) data assets. Experience developing machine learning or statistical model-based solutions as part of a team is a plus!
- Are highly organized and have an affinity for making structural and process improvements in a team environment. An awareness of Agile working practices is helpful.
- Possess the emotional intelligence and negotiation skills required to productively work with a diverse range of technical and business-focused partners.
- Are located in the Eastern or Central time zone.
- Awareness of and interest in trends in Artificial Intelligence, as well as a view on their legislative and ethical import.
- Confidence and a desire to express your views as part of a diverse and collaborative team.
- Data analytical skills and expertise with SQL and Python.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
NYC Salary Range: $141,600 - $219,600
Westchester County Salary Range: $135,700 - $210,450