At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We’re looking for a Cloud Sales Specialist dedicated to our Coinbase Cloud business. As a Cloud Sales Specialist, you’ll drive Coinbase’s future growth in the Developer Product segment focused on infrastructure, APIs, and SDKs. You'll join a team of highly skilled, passionate, and knowledgeable sales professionals helping companies build the crypto economy. As part of your role, you'll drive sales efforts and manage key relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. In addition, you'll play an important role in establishing best practices in our GTM efforts. For those that seek to be at the forefront of innovation in web3, we’d love to speak to you.
What You’ll Be Doing (ie. Job Duties)
- Manage end-to-end B2B sales cycles with enterprise and fintech companies
- Build relationships with C-level executives and key decision makers
- Develop and execute outbound strategies to generate and close revenue
- Lead and contribute to team initiatives to develop and refine our sales process
- Engage with Product, Engineering, and Marketing to help drive product strategy
- Ensure transparency in the sales process and identify opportunities for cross-selling existing Coinbase products
- Maintain CRM best practices to ensure we a customer centric view
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 3+ years experience in client-facing, sales, or business development roles
- Fluency and knowledge of the crypto/blockchain industry
- Demonstrated track record of working with internal stakeholders in different functional groups (e.g. Marketing, Customer Success, Product, etc.)
- Ability to act independently and proactively in an effort to source, progress, and close new business
- Demonstrated experience with problem-solving and working with limited oversight
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to distill complex ideas succinctly to key decision makers at corporations and financial institutions
Nice To Haves
- Crypto/blockchain or fintech experience
- B2B SaaS and/or developer product sales experience
Job #: P25858
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $114,750 to $135,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.