Who we areAbout Stripe
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions
of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious
startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and
accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the
GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That
means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy
within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your
career.About The Team
Stripe’s infrastructure powers businesses all over the world. We process
payments, run marketplaces, help entrepreneurs start an internet
business from anywhere in the world, and more. Software engineers at
Stripe within Infrastructure build the systems that power all of our
products, globally and at scale.
Our users trust us with their businesses and livelihoods, and every
request that Stripe handles is critical. We process billions of dollars
every year for millions of users, from the largest enterprises to a
startup making their first sale. We invest deeply in the reliability of
our infrastructure to earn their trust.
What you’ll do
Stripe has thousands of engineers working across many different product
areas. The Service Operations team works with engineers to build tools
and solutions to accelerate the development and operations of their
software. We have a lot of work to do: in 2023, we must expand our
development tooling to cover more use cases and provide users with
intuitive experiences for creating and operating their services at
scale. We’d love for you to be a part of it. We’re close to the people
using our tools and solutions and we are constantly looking for
opportunities to improve their experiences.
This particular role seeks a senior engineer focused on the user
experience, interface, and product aspects of our infrastructure
tooling. If you’re someone who has worked on a product team before and
been interested in infrastructure, or you’re someone who has previously
led internal developer tooling teams, you just might be a great match
for this position!Responsibilities
- Define and design user experiences/systems; build and support developer/infrastructure tools and automated processes, which will provide intuitive, resilient and flexible solutions that accelerate engineers across the company.
- Provide a great customer experience driven by customer feedback, analytics, and common industry patterns.
- Simplify complexity by iterating on products utilizing UI/UX best practices and product design principles.
- Collaborate and set clear expectations with team members, partners, and users in a fast paced environment.
- Debug issues across multiple systems and technologies while using these learnings to improve future resiliency.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be
considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are
encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a
We’re looking for people with a strong background (or interest!) in
building tools and solutions to make engineers more effective. We’d love
to hear from you whether you’re a seasoned productivity engineer, or
whether you’ve just learned you like building for other engineers. Many
of our engineers work remotely from both the US and Canada, and we’d be
happy to talk to you about the possibility of working remotely.Minimum Requirements
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience acting in a technical leadership, product owner, and/or product management capacity
- Ability and passion to define and design UI/UX for developer tools that engineers love to use
- Experience debugging complex problems across the whole stack and multiple technologies
- Metrics driven approach, with the ability to make informed decisions using data
- Strives for operational excellence holding yourself and others accountable for a great experience
- Experience building and operating developer tooling/platforms across a large organization
- Experience building extendable UI based developer platforms for other teams to add functionality
- Strong continuous improvement mindset including thinking about edge cases, failure modes, and product life cycles
- Experience working with stakeholders to define product direction and roadmaps