At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
The Global Accounts Account Executive is responsible for developing growth strategies and driving revenue with PayPal’s largest multi-national clients and partners. This role requires a significant track record of successful executive engagement in a complex solution selling and competitive environment. Ultimately, this high-level performer is expected to increase PayPal’s relevance with some the most influential companies in the world. Responsibilities will include owning the overall strategy and customer success for the partnerships as well as developing a pipeline of value-based revenue opportunities and fostering new strategic initiatives. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships as well as managing the interactions with executive sponsors, this executive will be responsible for driving growth and further adoption and integration of PayPal’s business assets. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of experience (business development, product, marketing, executive, etc.) allowing for effective engagement with key partners at several levels. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about new business models, product integrations, and technical challenges as well as build and convey compelling value propositions and drive innovation with partners. The position also requires experience working with technical services and products along with working knowledge of service delivery, business operations, and cross-functional team management.
- Build and execute the strategy to grow the commercial and strategic relationship with largest global partners.
- Own and drive revenue growth by identifying new joint initiatives, cross-sell and upsell opportunities, best practice implementations, co-marketing programs and jointly developing solutions that meet mutual customer needs and strategic objectives.
- Develop relationships and credibility required to effectively convey the value of PayPal’s solutions and vision to C-level executives.
- Negotiate favorable commercial terms, contracts and agreements that create sustainable, long term value for all parties.
- Strong collaboration with internal stakeholders across PayPal Inc. globally such as technology and product specialists, finance, sales and integration engineers, legal, risk, sales operations, marketing and other teams as appropriate to achieve desired results.
- Accelerate results through superior pipeline management, navigating internal and external product roadmaps, and influencing resource allocation.
- Serve as a catalyst for change and continuous improvement. As the voice of customer, based on learnings and competitor analysis, provide valuable insights on product enhancements, new solutions and go-to market strategies.
- Understand complex technology solutions that span mobile, e-commerce, point of sale, processing, and other interfaces to design comprehensive and meaningful consumer experiences that drive business results for global merchants.
- Identify opportunities to increase PayPal’s share of influence and adopt recommended optimization strategies that will increase overall PayPal awareness.
- Prepare and give business reviews to PayPal and partner senior leadership.
- Employ superior negotiation and communication abilities as an influencer while embodying unquestionable integrity and trust.
- Drive for results with a bias toward action based on a comprehensive strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree; M.B.A. preferred or equivalent experience.
- 5+ or 10+ years of experience (depending on the role) in business development or enterprise account management, particularly driving progress with global executives on technology solutions payments and commerce strategies.
- Must have experience in payments or fintech.
- Strong financial and business acumen with a high degree of comfort engaging with technical leaders internally and externally.
- Ability to think and work creatively to develop unique joint value propositions and product strategy within PayPal.
- Experience negotiating complex contracts and achieving deal terms which are favorable to the company.
- Ability to synthesize complex information into the essential points needed to inform executive decision making.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Superior relationship building and exceptional consultative sales skills with a passion and hunger to win.
- Results oriented, analytical, self-motivated and a “hands on” person with proven ability to meet objectives and targets.
- 25% Travel
- Recognizes and understands critical cultural approaches to doing business globally.
- Executive presentation skills; including in-person, written, and verbal.
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is $147000 to $000
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
REQ ID R0103034