Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Lightspeed is looking for a high-energy and driven Sales Development Representative (Outbound)
to help us execute our U.K. outbound efforts. This role is the first point of contact our potential customers have with our sales team. You will be responsible for driving revenue growth by generating and qualifying leads for the sales team. The ideal candidate will have experience generating leads or selling technology-based solutions. If you’re looking to grow your Sales career, then this is the position for you!
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Prospecting and Identifying new business - primarily through telephone and email communication, and book demos of our software to prospective leads with a product specialist.
- Connect with prospects through outbound efforts and position our services as a solution to streamline their operations.
- Capitalise on opportunities with our existing customer database.
- Work with the Marketing, Sales & Partnerships teams to develop new strategies to grow our sales pipeline, and consistently meet monthly, quarterly and annual goals.
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
What You Will Be Bringing To The Team
- 1+ years of outbound sales or customer facing experience.
- Experience in Technology (software, mobile or other) – major plus.
- Experience in Hospitality with the energy and drive to (over) deliver on targets
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills, including strong listening, verbal and written communication.
- An agile mindset, with a bias toward action and ability to pivot when needed to meet business needs and objectives
- BA or MSc or a degree in a relevant field.
- Tech-savvy, and able to clearly explain technology to others who are not
- Being awesome and entrepreneurial.
Even Better If You Have, But Not Necessary
- Experience working with a CRM (Salesforce & Outreach preferably).
- Experience in sales or a call center environment
- Experience with point-of-sale systems or other technology (e.g. software, mobile)
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who We Are
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.
Founded in Montréal, Canada in 2005, Lightspeed is dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: LSPD) and Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). With teams across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company serves retail, hospitality, and golf businesses in over 100 countries.
Lightspeed handles your information in accordance with our Applicant Privacy Statement.