Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
Director, Compliance Program Oversight - oversees Compliance project management, policies, training, board materials and presentations, regulatory change management, GRC, issue management.What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Lead a comprehensive governance program and team for areas such as project management, policies, training, regulatory change management, issue management, risk assessments, and including the establishment of policies, standards, and procedures.
- Evaluate GRC tools in partnership with other stakeholders and support Compliance through an enterprise implementation project.
- Implement and manage the governance processes and educate and train the organization on the new governance programs, measuring and reporting on all aspects of the programs.
- Serve as the primary subject matter expert and leader on all aspects of SoFi’s Compliance Management Program governance.
- Providing regular reports to the Enterprise Chief Compliance Officer (ECCO) and, when needed, to other internal or external entities, including adequate metrics on each of the programs. You will be making independent decisions or representing leadership at times.
- Mentor and manage others to increase team competency, continually build a culture of constant improvement and a desire to excel.
- Ensure quality and on-time preparation of senior management materials, meeting minutes and follow-ups and materials for board, audit, and regulatory communication
- Plan, direct and coordinate components of the day-to-day activities in support of Compliance strategic Initiatives.
- Analyze modified/new risk rated activities, controls, or monitoring; provide thought leadership in continually reviewing processes and identifying improvements.
- Proficiently utilizes applications to access information/data; develops analytics and reporting to track effectiveness of processes and controls.
- Strong communication skills, influencing decisions through advice, and counsel.
- Ensure various working groups and one-on-one contacts with stakeholders are effectively organized, administered and documented to support delivery against the key milestones in the program schedule.
Compensation And Benefits
- Serves as day-to-day leader of compliance transformation commitments; key areas of focus include:
- Develops and maintains the Compliance Plan strategy and outcomes, in close partnership with the Compliance Senior Leadership Team
- Responsible for the ongoing evaluation of transformation plan adequacy, maintenance of the plan, and working with senior management when strategic changes are necessary
- Facilitate regulatory interactions (with Senior Compliance and Business Leaders) regarding the implementation and outcomes associated with the transformation plan
- Accountable for implementing and executing a program management structure to deliver expected plan outcomes and timely execution of transformation plan deliverables
- Identify and manage execution risks and escalate to senior management and required governance forums, as necessary
- Perform end-to-end review and challenge of the Compliance transformation program deliverables to confirm quality and adequacy of deliverables against program target state, commitments, and expectations
- Lead and develop a high performing, motivated and committed team
The base pay range for this role is listed below. Final base pay offer will be determined based on individual factors such as the candidate’s experience, skills, and location.
To view all of our comprehensive and competitive benefits, visit our Benefits at SoFi
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.Internal Employees
If you are a current employee, do not apply here - please navigate to our Internal Job Board in Greenhouse to apply to our open roles.