Small but mighty. That’s the best way to describe our Mobile core team. Their vision is to enable product teams to add, maintain and monitor features in the mobile app while ensuring quality and scalability. How does that sound?
But we’re on a mission (you may have heard, we’re not very quiet about it), and that is to scale and scale fast 🚀.
This includes expanding across all European Markets, and reaching 1 million active users by 2025, and as we scale our product, it makes sense to scale our teams too right?
So, yeah you guessed it, that’s where you come in! We’re looking for mobile platform engineers to join this team of superheroes.
If you were excited to play with hot reload in React Native instead of recompiling your builds? Come on over!
If we said, iOS or Android, and you said “yes”, you’re the one that we want (ooh ooh ooh 🎶)!
Our app has a really strong core foundation. We need to double down on this to ensure it remains stable and future proof as we expand, but we’re also ready to hear your awesome innovative ideas for creating and building new features.
We want to bring in diverse skill sets to shape the future of the app, so bring us your wackiest, kookiest, most out of the box nuggets of inspiration, and we promise an environment full of encouragement, and awesome humans to boot.
If you’re up for joining a dynamic and passionate team, (who let’s face it are rockstars) build simple and functional products, then read on for the juicy bit.
The Nitty Gritty Skills Needed
- You have experience developing and maintaining React Native mobile apps
- You're strong in TypeScript
- You’re familiar with backend for frontend (BFF) design pattern
- You know your way around AndroidX, SwiftUI, ReactJS
- You have experience in CI/CD tools such as Fastlane or Github Actions
- You use stuff like Jetpack Compose, Redux/SWR
We'll geek out if you
- Know your way around any testing tools
- Think Ionic has no business being part of a modern tech stack
- Blog, speak at conferences, or generally live and breathe code outside of the workplace
Your colleagues say you:
- Work in English with ease (it's our company language)
- Are always the one to talk about the latest tools and technologies
- Not only enjoy communicating and collaborating with your colleagues, but are actually really good at it too
- Care about quality, simplicity and critical thinking in all aspects of your work
- Have experience solving complex technical challenges at scale
- Coach others to help them develop as engineers
- Are motivated by a never ending passion to learn
- Would be a person that they would actually like to have a coffee with (virtual or not)
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)*
- Ability to work remotely (anywhere between the east coast of the Americas to European timezones)..
- ...or onsite if you want to (Copenhagen, London, Berlin, Madrid or Stockholm)
- Trips to somewhere nice, for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones)
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
- A 2500€ annual flex benefits package (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay the gym, book a professional coach or pay part of your MBA - completely up to you!)
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise on the family due to work
And here are some other nice things that we do
- Catered lunch when you work from our HQ and London offices
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, Pleo dinners, board games, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About Your Application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page