We’re looking for a Broker Engagement Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who's looking to gain experience in financial services. As a Broker Engagement Manager you will be responsible for engaging with brokers that are known to us that we are not currently working with, as well as building relationships with new brokers. We are looking for a ‘people person’ who is genuinely interested in creating new relationships.About Us
We’re here because we believe in small businesses. We believe they deserve better than waiting weeks for a loan. And we believe it’s our job to help them grow.
We started in 2012 with these principles, and we hold true to them today – now that we’re one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. In the time between, we’ve built the best tech platform in lending, won several awards and opened up £3.5 billion in loans to over 90,000 businesses.
So what’s next? Our mission now is to help one million businesses who need us. To do this, we’ll need new products and partnerships. But most of all, we’ll need smart, hands-on people to join us on the journey and get us to our goal.The role
We work with a host of commercial finance brokers and business advisors across the UK to offer finance to their clients, and this channel generates a substantial proportion of iwoca's total revenue.
Your mission is to:
- Build iwoca’s presence across the UK via proactive engagement and activation of new and existing iwoca brokers
- Research and search for, acquiring and building new relationships with relevant brokers both by face to face, telephone, LinkedIn and email
- Work with our Broker Relationship Managers to maximise the output of the relevant brokers you help identify
- Develop an understanding of iwoca's systems, processes and policies so that you can best advise the broker
- Collect competitor intel through broker discussions, and presenting this back to the wider business to develop and improve our product offering.
- The ability to organise, prioritise and manage tasks and diary
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal with a professional phone manner
- Pride in personal contribution but also a team player
- Experience of dealing with third parties and sales is desirable but not a prerequisite
- A strong customer service ethic
Work-life balance is incredibly important at iwoca and we offer flexible working so you can make better use of your free time. This is a hybrid role in which you can split your time between the office and home.Benefits
We put a lot of effort into making iwoca a brilliant place to work:
- Offices in London, Leeds and Frankfurt
- Events and clubs, like bingo, comedy nights, yoga classes, football…
- Two company retreats a year, we’ve been to France, Italy, Spain and further afield
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our offices
Our benefits package is second-to-none:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- 25 days’ holiday, an extra day off for your birthday and the option to buy or sell 5 days leave
- Instant access to emotional and mental health support with our partner, Spill
- Share options
- Generous maternity leave and shared parental leave
- A nursery tax benefit scheme to help you save money
- Paid volunteering time to support your chosen charity
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- One-month fully paid sabbatical after 4 years
- Cycle-to-work scheme and electric car scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- An L&D budget for everyone, including a book budget
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code