Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
We are seeking a very strong and proactive Senior Finance Manager to join our Value-Added Services (VAS) Sales Finance team This role is responsible for collaborating across Finance, Sales, and Commercial Operations on the development of a wide range of analytics and tracking capabilities including, sales targets, sales pipeline management, financial deal management support, sales performance reporting, and sales incentive plans.
The VAS Sales Finance team employs a strategic finance advisory engagement model with key business stakeholders to apply data to business and finance decisions as well as measure performance. The Senior Finance Manager will leverage sophisticated financial models, deal insights and analysis, and other performance indicators to help shape and influence decision making.
The Senior Finance Manager will drive financial thought leadership, institute end-to-end process management for sales target setting and tracking of performance through to financial forecasting. This role requires the ability to work strategically, develop and implement continuous improvement, and lead change initiatives. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and finance/business partnering skills supporting large/medium sized sales, channels, and service organizations. Ideally, the candidate will have a combination of large and mid-sized company experience with broad perspectives on industry best practices.
- Establish strong partnerships with VAS Sales, Commercial Operations and Finance teams to drive effective and predictable financial planning across the company
- Build and lead the operational cadence for running the Sales team as a financially astute and data driven organization
- Lead annual financial planning activities for VAS Sales organization
- Lead bookings forecast and corresponding analytics to drive predictability and linearity of top line results
- Monitor key performance indicators, establish quarterly business reviews, and recommend solutions to achieve desired business outcomes
- Partner with business transformation and operations teams to evaluate and ensure data integrity of bookings/transactional information
- Manage traditional FP&A and OPEX responsibilities of budgeting and forecasting, month-end close, reporting, and business planning support
- Ensure integrity and accuracy in monthly financial reporting
- Ensure and enforce system of controls and accountability in Go-to-Market activities
- Commercial deal terms – catalogue existing deal data, analyze data and present findings, and prepare benchmarking/comparative analysis for new deals
- Pro-Forma variance analysis – establish processes to compare actual to proposed commercial deal terms, analyze data, present findings, and implement changes to account for controllable variables in future pro-formas
- Guardrails for deal constructs – work with cross-functional teams to create and socialize guardrails with regional/global deal approval bodies, and drive adoption of new deal constructs and governance practices
- Ad hoc analysis and management reporting
- Acquire and maintain a depth of strong business acumen
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- 9 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD) or PhD with 3 years of experience
- Significant experience with sales financial planning processes including forecasts, sales cycle, market segmentation, sales commissions, GTM coverage, budgets, flash/reporting, and pricing.
- 8 years of combined Finance, Sales or Consulting experience with progressively increasing responsibilities (2 years of Finance experience minimum)
- Advanced level of Excel and PowerPoint required
- Consulting or corporate strategy experience a plus
- Able to rapidly establish a broad and deep understanding of the payments landscape
- Foundational understanding of multi-party economic model (issuers, acquirers, processors, interchange, merchants, cardholders, etc.)
- Enjoys an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented
- Converts complex analyses into revealing business storylines
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills. Ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Proven ability to take charge of complex tasks with minimal direction and develop new strategies and new ways of approaching business challenges independently
- Previous finance and sales experience in high tech is desirable
- Strong process orientation, project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Self-starter with unquestionable integrity
- Highly detail oriented
Varies upon the needs of the department.
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 126,900.00 to 165,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.