Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Director, Interchange Compliance, will manage work streams related to Visa Inc.’s interchange compliance and strategy, with focus on ensuring clients are assessed proper levels of interchange.
This person will be responsible for leading the US compliance team and managing processes and data/analytical infrastructure related to proactive interchange monitoring and reactive remediation activities.
The position requires strong thought leadership, business acumen and advanced technical skills with the ability to combine them to minimize potential financial and relationship impacts to client and Visa.
The position will be based in Foster City, California with some travel expected.
- Manage streams of projects related to global Visa Inc.’s interchange compliance, strategy, and reporting not only for the US, but cross-functional/cross-regional business lines
- Demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills while leading a team of high-performing analysts
- Create a team culture that amplifies Visa’s Leadership Principles and champions our innovative DNA across the organization
Compliance and Technology
- Manage compliance monitoring and reporting tools, including but not limited to: creating robust documentation library, managing tools’ development cycle, maintaining “up” state and scalability of internal databases and reporting infrastructure with over 700TB+
- Establish industry leading operational practices and methodologies for effective anomaly detection, and incident resolution cycle
- Develop and maintain sets of KPIs to support data-driven decision making
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Advanced SQL proficiency with hands-on experience working with large data sets and building BI tools, e.g. Salesforce Reporting, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with practical experience in financial or statistical modelling and quantitative analysis of large datasets
- Excellent ability to communicate strategy, and secure internal investment for products by consistently executing strategy and delivering results
- Natural collaborator, with excellent communication skills and strong executive presence
- Must be self-motivated and comfortable with ambiguity, possessing the maturity and competence to influence across multiple levels and organizations including internal and external stakeholders
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- People management skills, with prior experience leading analytics or technical teams
- Proficiency in several programming languages (C++, C#, Python, Java or similar)
- Experience building scalable automated analytical models
- Strong familiarity with version control tools (GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.), experience following software development cycle
Varies upon the needs of the department.
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 155,400.00 to 202,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.