We are looking for a Software Engineer who is highly technically proficient, takes a deep pride in the products they build, and cares about writing readable, well-tested code.
Privitar is a modern data provisioning Series C funded start-up founded in London with US headquarters in Boston, on a mission to empower businesses to use data to benefit their customers while adhering to data privacy considerations. We work with companies across all industry verticals and geographies, enabling them to drive business value from data, and new and innovative uses for data without compromising on privacy and security.
Backed by world-leading private equity and venture capital funds who’ve invested in companies like Crowdstrike, BEA Systems, Slack, Dropbox and Spotify to date, we have raised over $150million in funding and have ambitious growth plans. The company was lauded by The Sunday Times as one of the “10 Tech Ones to Watch,” ranked #18 on the 2020 Deloitte Technology UK Fast 50 and honoured as one of the FinTech50.
Many of an organisation's deepest, most valuable insights are derived from analysing sensitive data. The Privitar Data Security Platform enables analysts and data scientists to find, understand and share useful datasets. The platform integrates with existing metadata sources and enables users to collaborate to refine content and request new data. Data protection is achieved through a comprehensive metadata layer that contextualises datasets and drives automated privacy enforcement through a set of intuitive relationships based on a controlled vocabulary and governance standards. Enforcement is backed by our suite of advanced privacy enhancing technologies and techniques, such as format preserving encryption and data watermarking algorithms. By maximising the utility of the data and expanding its safe access, organisations can improve insights to prevent financial crimes such as anti-money laundering, improve sales and marketing segmentation analysis, enhance research models through data sharing, enable cloud migration technologies and even launch data monetization initiatives.
The platform is optimised to deal with a wide range of data at rest and in flight and you'll join our team as we build out an extensible architecture that will run anywhere, at scale, and form the basis for significant evolution in the roadmap as we continue to solve our customers' biggest challenges and help them unlock the potential of their data.
You will be working together with the team to build out a scalable cloud-first data processing privacy engine. Ideal candidates for this role learn and adapt quickly; you are comfortable with being dropped into challenging technical problems and being given the responsibility to solve them. You’ll combine state-of-the-art technologies with leading-edge algorithms to understand and tackle hard data security and data anonymization problems.
You value working in a close-knit team with other talented people and seek both to learn from and help others. You have a positive, constructive and proactive approach and enjoy working with the team to design and architect solutions, choose technologies, implement, ensure quality and constantly improve how we work as a team.
- Help us to establish our Data Security Platform, which will allow our customers to use their sensitive data for decision making and innovation
- Develop mechanisms to ensure that our product is easy to install into a wide variety of different environments, and gather metrics on its usage to allow for constant product improvements
- Design and build new features such as global privacy policies, connectivity to different data sources (e.g. S3, JDBC) and auto classification of data
- Optimise and expand on our flagship privacy features which differentiate Privitar from its competitors. For example, Watermarking and NOVLT, our format preserving encryption solution
- Consider software security and threat models to build secure applicationsHave the chance to use technologies such as: Spark, Graph DBs, GraphQL, gRPC, containerization, Kubernetes, Reactive frameworks, Typescript, AWS and other cloud platforms
- Be encouraged to contribute to all layers of our architecture, from our public facing APIs, all the way down to our Kubernetes deployment configurations
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science or a Science or Engineering discipline. We can make exceptions for the exceptional
- Experience of coding in Java or in a related object oriented language and evidence of commitment and ability to ramp up in Java
- Experience delivering results with rapidly evolving propositions, client demands and business needs
- Curiosity and willingness to learn new languages and tools
- Our Benefits:
- 30 days holiday allowance in addition to UK Bank Holidays. We value work-life balance and encourage team members to take it all
- 30 day Global Pass- freedom to work anywhere in the world
- Flexible working culture + hybrid environment (1-2 days in the office)
- Private Health Insurance with Aviva
- We match pension contributions up to 5%
- Stock Options - everyone has a share in Privitar
- Laptop + Phone + Equipment
- 20 weeks full pay maternity leave, 12 weeks full pay paternity leave
- Sickness, Critical Illness, Worldwide travel and Life Insurance
- Bike to work scheme
- Regular socials to keep us connected