Let's go back to the chaos of company spending. Think of this, you're one of those lucky employees who are high up enough to get your own company credit card (yay!), but you're the only one in your team who has one (nay!), so come month-end, you're collecting this eclectic pile of crumpled receipts and invoices on your desk (nay!). You're nagging your team ("please give me all receipts today!"). You get emailed pictures of blurred receipts, and you get forwarded flight confirmations. It's one big puzzle, and you're not in the mood for riddles.
Oh, what a joy it is to be a manager. You block off your Friday to deal with admin like this. You go through the spreadsheet that your Head of Finance has sent you, and you finally start matching receipts to missing expenses. You realise that someone made an Alibaba order, and you don't know how to categorise that expense (honestly, you don't even know what was bought).
Happy Friday to you.
Pleo solves today's company spending problem. We empower companies with an app that links up to pre-paid cards. Every person gets a card and is trusted with spending company money. After all, if you're trusted enough to be hired, you should be trusted enough to spend money responsibly.
Our design team at Pleo wants to bring the power back to those doing the job by creating simple and beautiful interfaces that accomplish complex business tasks. Keeping regular folks very happy, and the finance team too. We want few yet very effective features. It'd be easy to create bloated software, but deep down, we believe the best interface is no interface – just because we can design for screens doesn't mean we always should.
We’re looking for a Product Design Manager to create an environment that enables people to do their best work while staying healthy. To develop our people through coaching, recruit new members to our team, and guide the entire product design process to see great design work having a direct and measurable impact on our customers.
- Manage and lead designers who work in independent product teams within a larger domain
- Set and maintain a clear design direction and vision for Onboarding & Adoption domain and get people motivated to achieve it
- Work with Domain Leads from Product and Engineering to ensure direction is aligned with our strategic goals
- Influence not only your domain’s design culture but our design culture at large
- Help your domain and team understand what success looks like
- Set execution and delivery standards
- Grow and support the designers in your team
- Create the right environment for your team to thrive
- Define how your team work together
- Contribute to how the entire Pleo design organisation works as a whole – how we hire, how we grow, and how we work
- Love growing and leading teams that build quality products to solve our customers problems
- Have experience running high-performance product design teams (in-house companies, not agencies)
- Believe the best things happen collaboratively – working together with product management, user research, engineering, commercial and data to inspire valuable work from the teams that solve real customers problems
- Desire to build a humble, caring, and empathetic design culture that creates impact but not at the expense of our own health
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us - whether you are working remote or at one of our offices 🍜
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you’re fit of body and mind to do your best work
- Flexible work: working from home when you want, where you want, why you want to (we trust you)
- 25 days of holiday per year + your local public holidays
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we’re supportive of families and help you feel that you don’t have to compromise your family due to work 👶
- €2500 annual Flex Benefits budget (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay part of your MBA - completely up to you!). We know everybody prioritises different benefits. So, our Flex Benefits package lets you choose what best suits you. Ask us about what we offer, we’ll be happy to outline more!
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About Your Application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page