Role Title: Workforce Planning Manager
Reports to: Head of Retail - Heathrow
Location: London Heathrow Airport
Workplace Type: 5 days per week on-site – Flexibility required to work early and late shifts and weekends
Benefits: 25 days plus bank holidays | Employee discount platform |Employee Assistance Program | Cycle to Work Scheme | Life & Dental Insurance, Critical Illness Cover
Why Travelex? And what is in it for you?
We believe our colleagues are our key differentiator. We aim to create an inclusive and collaborative environment where everyone can thrive, feel supported and engaged, and reach their full potential. We are nothing without our people, which is why we invest heavily in providing the right opportunities and training to develop their careers within Travelex. That’s why our average tenure of a Travelex employee is over 6 years.
As our Workforce Planning Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring our Heathrow bureaus operations run smoothly and are fully staffed across all terminals taking into consideration peak periods of trade. You will work with the Head of Retail Heathrow and our HR and Talent Acquisition Teams to ensure the operation has the right amount of people at the right time who have the right skills to deliver against our company goals. You will be responsible for identifying the right working patterns including looking for innovative solutions on resourcing models to drive efficiencies whilst still delivering a high level of service to our customers.
• Partnering with HR and the Talent Acquisition Team to provide monthly workforce data for each terminal to enable effective recruitment and people management practices.
• Supporting with recruitment and onboarding of new TSP and TL into bureaus ensuring all staff are compliant and have necessary access and security clearance before commencing their first day
• Providing accurate and timely reports on a daily, monthly, and quarterly basis around headcount requirements and sharing key insights with the leadership team around potential resource improvements and highlighting any potential risks and blockers
• Conducting forecasting, reviewing, and implementing headcount strategies to ensure staffing requirements meet the demands of peak periods of trade to ensure the business is set up for success throughout the year.
• Analysing all factors within the terminals relevant to workforce planning; producing required forecasts and reports, highlighting, and anticipating issues and opportunities to senior management
• Maintaining knowledge of best practice and developments in workforce planning, providing insights and feedback so that solutions can be recommended to maximise productivity and improve efficiency to manage customer demands during peak periods.
• Supporting the day-to-day Heathrow staffing operations ensuring the teams are set up for success by implementing forecasting models and assisting Team Leads with driving accountability of workforce management adherence tools, focused on driving efficiencies across all bureaus and terminals
• Conducting floor walks and reviews and providing analysis into the head of retail around trends and patterns to fulfil our obligations to being always there for our customers.
• Managing a team of three onsite Administrators and supporting them in their roles with acquisition of airside passes at Heathrow ensuring all new employees have referencing completed using external resource, and existing employees have the correct passes and clearance.
• You may be required to lead on a national level and be required liaise and work closely with the HR and Talent Acquisition team.
• Monitoring headcount performance vs business objectives and being responsible for headcount allocation and rotas across all terminals to ensure bureaus are fully staffed and have sufficient coverage during peak trading hours and periods
• Maintaining staffing records against organisational structures, implementing action plans and workforce strategies to ensure bureaus are fully staffed in line with agreed headcount plans
• Holiday/Overtime Management – reviewing future holiday approval and forecasting additional resource needed to cover during authorised employee absences, reviewing and approving overtime.
• Scheduling and rostering up to 8 weeks in advance to ensure the bureaus and terminals are fully covered and contingency plans are to allow for any last-minute headcount changes.
Key Skills & Competencies:
This is an analytical role which will require an individual that can be perceptive in their approach whilst taking a logical stance on action planning. You will be someone who sets and maintains high verbal communication standards, as well as someone who is comfortable in influencing middle management to drive tangible actions across a large retail operation across multiple sites. You’ll also have a keen eye for detail and will be confident in taking ownership of performance plans.
The required skills include:
• A successful track record in workforce planning in a large retail/sales environment.
• Experience of managing information in a fast-moving environment where there is a requirement to identify problems quickly and implement well considered solutions
• Being able to review and interpret data and make recommendations on how to drive business performance and improve operational efficiency around staffing and headcount
• Sound understanding of WFM models including forecasting and risk management
• Exceptional stakeholder management, with resilience & maturity to face challenges from senior members of the business & deliver a positive outcome
Exciting? We think so! Your journey starts here, so take the first step to become part of the Travelex Team by clicking apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.