SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, iOS
At Current, we’re on a mission to enable our members to create better financial outcomes for themselves. Headquartered in NYC, we’re a leading U.S. fintech and one of the fastest growing companies with nearly 4 million members. No matter your title, we’re a team that collaborates on building great products and making an impact together.
Our mobile engineers are responsible for building the full suite of user experiences for our members, leveraging our proprietary backend banking core. The mobile apps are native (Swift/Kotlin) and utilize a mix of GraphQL and gRPC to interface with our backend. Being the primary interface for our members to manage their finances (there isn’t a web app), the mobile experience needs to be highly performant and intuitive to use. This forces our engineers to think through foundational layers of application infrastructure, reusable UI components, and the collection of data that drive these decisions. Join us for an opportunity to work in a fast-moving environment where your work is highly visible and has a direct impact on our members’ financial outcomes!
We are looking for an iOS engineer to join our team in New York. This role has a salary range of $160,000 - $215,000. The ideal candidate should have a background in mobile development working with native mobile applications. This person should also be a motivated self-starter who is able to feel at ease working through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
What To Expect
- Owning the end-to-end delivery of key business initiatives from product discovery, to system design, and all the way to feature launch
- Working closely with our product, design, and backend engineering teams enable new end-to-end experiences for our users
- Building and maintaining scalable and reusable mobile frameworks to improve code consistency and engineering velocity
- Evolving the company standards for engineering excellence by helping to improve architecture, testing, and monitoring practices
- Helping Current’s users access new decentralized financial systems for wealth creation
- A strong culture of code and architecture review
- Expertise in Swift and familiar with its latest features including new Concurrency model
- Solid understanding of iOS best practices including app states, memory management, dependency injection, multi-threading, and persistence
- Experience with using gRPC (Google Remote Procedure Call) and Protobuf (Protocol Buffers) schemas for networking.
- Familiarity working within a modularized app architecture, following MVC, unidirectional data flows, and usage of the Coordinator design pattern.
- Proficient at building complex user interfaces, animations, and screen transitions leveraging UIKit and CoreAnimation frameworks
- Have published and maintained apps on the App Store
- Experience with building highly secure iOS apps
- Experience working on a team building platform components
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in the form of stock options
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Biannual performance reviews
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- Employee Assistance Programs focused on mental health
- Healthcare advocacy program for all employees
- Access to mental health apps
- Team building activities
- Our modern Chelsea-based office with open floor plan, stocked kitchen, and catered lunches