We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.Job Title
Director, Software EngineeringOverview
As the director of the Azure Cloud Platform team, you will be managing Mastercard’s Azure build team and environment. The team is responsible for managing the underlying infrastructure and providing deployment and infrastructure management solutions for software development and operation teams.
Create a high performing, efficient team that delivers high quality, industry leading solutions that are in line with Mastercard's cloud strategy.
Implement solutions to manage Mastercard’s Azure infrastructure via code.
Engage and improve the lifecycle of the Azure platform and platform services -- from design to deployment, operation and refinement.
Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
Support production 24/7 environment as part of a global team. Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.All About You
- 5+ years of experience managing technology teams
- Experience working in Agile project management scrum teams
- Experience in the fields of Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Experience with Azure infrastructure management and automation
- Experience with software deployment and configuration automation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field involving programming
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale systems.
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Understanding of Windows/Linux operating systems.
- Ability to create new functionalities via contributions to upstream opensource ecosystems (such as Terraform)
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
NYC Salary Range: -