Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Employee Relations Lead will create and implement a global employee relations strategy that promotes proactive, fair, and consistent practices. You will handle investigations with professionalism and discretion, ensuring compliance and fairness in processes and decisions. Working closely with our Employment Counsel and Head of DEI, you will review policies, analyze trends, and drive change to foster inclusivity. You will also collaborate with stakeholders to develop best practices, train teams, and implement plans to improve business performance.What you’ll do:
What you’ll need:
- Lead the development and implementation of an employee relations framework for key activities including, but not limited to internal complaints investigations, partnership with benefits team in handling accommodations/interactive process, performance management, etc.
- Partner with Employment Counsel and Head of DEI on the development and review of employment policies, ensuring they are legally compliant and updated to reflect employment legislation changes and align with our focus on diversity, equity and inclusion at the center of everything we do
- Owner of ER tracking & reporting
- Leverage data and insights to assess climate - identifying trends and hotspots across the organization
- Close partnership with Head of DEI focusing on trends related to equity and consistency
- Manages existing Ethics and Compliance hotline database
- Partner with both business stakeholders and the People team to develop and implement ER best practices and programs
- Responsible for training managers on the reasonable accommodations & LOA process, as well as ensuring consistency in application across the organization
- Partner with the People and Legal teams to build and implement remediation plans and short- and long-term people initiatives to mitigate risk and improve business performanceThoroughly conduct investigations and reach the best outcomes for our organization and employees
- Able to handle highly complex and sensitive investigations
- Handle oversight and assessment of accommodation requests, or unique considerations to leaves requests, inclusive of the interactive process
- Work on projects and initiatives to mitigate risk, support or participate in special projects/programs requiring ER stakeholder input
Nice to have:
- 10+ years of experience in Employee Relations or HR Business Partners, extensive employee relations expertise and in-depth knowledge of current ER legislation and best practice
- Experience dealing with a wide range of complex issues and disciplines across multiple geographies with a thorough understanding of dispute resolution
- Project planning and implementation skills, strong people and influencing abilities
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills, demonstrated communication and organizational skills with the competency to influence across all levels
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully within ambiguity, with multiple priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced, changing environment
Compensation And Benefits
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish
- Experience working in highly regulated environments
The base pay range for this role is listed below. Final base pay offer will be determined based on individual factors such as the candidate’s experience, skills, and location.
To view all of our comprehensive and competitive benefits, visit our Benefits at SoFi
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.Internal Employees
If you are a current employee, do not apply here - please navigate to our Internal Job Board in Greenhouse to apply to our open roles.