Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Director is responsible for leading the financial planning processes and conducting analytics on the entire P&L, collaborating closely with Regional and Functional FP&A teams alongside a broad operations support functions that includes Treasury, Tax, Investor Relations, External Reporting, Controllership and Systems teams in providing broad decision support analytics to assist business leaders.
This role will be responsible for developing and driving a proactive, collaborative partnership between Corporate Finance and FP&A teams across the globe to identify trends and opportunities to advance Visa’s overall business and financial strategy.
This is a highly visible role that includes frequent interaction with senior management and other key internal stakeholders. This role will be ideal for candidates with extensive experience in FP&A teams and/or prior experience in Corporate Finance roles. A successful track record of establishing strong business and financial planning processes, strategic frameworks, management reporting and driving critical financial decisions is highly desirable. The successful candidate will have the ability to effectively interact and influence across a matrix business organizational structure and closely liaise with other finance and operations support teams.
- Lead the global budgeting and forecasting process, including budget and forecast cadence and coordination with key stakeholders and actively seek opportunities to improve tools and processes
- Conduct in depth financial analysis in support of quarterly Board of Directors meeting and company earnings
- Prepare succinct and clear executive presentations that simplify complex topics, often with time sensitive deliverables
- Become an expert on Visa’s business model and financial drivers
- Work closely with investor relations and external reporting in preparation for earnings
- Develop partnership with stakeholders throughout organization
- Drive cross-functional alignment on finance processes, planning and finance calendar
- Conduct weekly meetings with global FP&A counterparts
- Lead and coordinate ad hoc requests from company leadership
- Ability to handle projects with multiple work streams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of business problems
- Ability to structure, manage, and coordinate complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders
- Drives an efficient, effective, and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to the strategic objectives
- Drives profitable growth by improving visibility, forecasting, consolidation and analysis of results and key metrics while advising senior management on insights and recommended actions
- Creates effective performance metrics to drive accountability and ownership within the FP&A teams and business units
- Ensures the highest level of effectiveness and continued skill development of the Finance team
- Sets performance metrics that can be regularly tracked to measure progress
- Strong executive presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior executives and finance partners
- Superior strategic thought leadership
- Experience presenting complex materials in a succinct manner to senior executives to drive effective decision making
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to lead complex cross-functional initiatives across a breadth of stakeholders
- 5+ years’ experience in leading and managing a world class team
- Commitment to continuous training and improvement of employees throughout the finance function
- Ability to provide mentorship and be an effective coach and have challenging employee conversations when necessary
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and drive a team towards a strategic vision
- Demonstrated ability to be decisive and action-oriented regarding decisions affecting the team
- Committed to developing a team, including key talent, and build a strong succession pipeline for the future
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- CPA,CFA,CIMA,ACCA or equivalent post graduate degree from top-tier institution or similar academic experience
- Global or multi-national business experience strongly preferred
- experience within the Finance function or with relevant experience in tech, strategy/management consulting, investment banking, or corporate finance
- Strong stakeholder focus combined with an in-depth understanding of the trends affecting the financial services, payments, and e-commerce world
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor as well as experience resolving complex business problems with well-structured analytics
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment
- Advanced level of Excel and PowerPoint required
Varies upon the needs of the department.
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 138,500.00 to 180,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.