Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
About the Role
The Senior Director, Brand Experience
is responsible for how our brand comes to life at the point of payment and customer usage. This is a key role on the Global Brand Management team and will collaborate closely with cross-functional partners in marketing, product, sales, and legal, as well as directly with clients and partners. Reporting to the Vice President, Global Brand Management, this role will lead a team of brand experience strategists with deep expertise across brand expressions.
In this role, you will develop a vision and clear action plan to increase the visibility of the Visa brand and reinvent how we show up at physical retail, eCommerce, physical and digital form factors, and all the new ways to pay and be paid. You will leverage strong relationships and influence with regional and functional partners & clients and partners to drive execution and scale. You will apply a strong understanding of our brand strategy & the payments ecosystem and demonstrated leadership to drive outcomes in complex environments.
What You'll Do
- Expand our brand's visibility at the point of payment and customer usage, including at point of sale, digital transactions, and physical & digital cards
- Develop and oversee global implementation of branding, including consistent strategy, design, and measurement
- Develop training, proofpoints, processes, and other collateral to support sales teams in representing our brand to clients and partners
- Design, operationalize, and optimize branding requirements and supporting toolkits & processes for clients and partners
- Improve the client and partner experience to seamlessly integrate our brand across payment form factors
- Reinvent how our brand shows up across ways to pay and be paid by driving innovations and integrations with partners and clients
- Champion a customer experience-approach with Product teams to enable mutual brand & business wins with clients & partners, leading to greater visibility and integration of our brand
- Engage with clients and partners to identify and pilot innovation opportunities
- Create brand standards, guidelines and tools to scale innovations across Visa's clients and partners
- Increase monetization of brand management capabilities as services to clients to contribute to Visa being the best payment partner by defining and operationalizing strategies and processes
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA)
- 12-14 or more years of work experience, with a Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred
- 5+ years in a people leadership role in a matrixed, global organization, with a
- track record of building and growing high performing teams
- Experience in the payments industry with strong understanding of the
- payments ecosystem, including product development and commercialization
- 14+ years of experience in wide spectrum of marketing, with a solid background in brand strategy and management
- You have prior experience working internationally
- A proven ability to build long term relationships with and influence senior executives both within Visa and externally with other partners and clients
- Experience in business development and product management
- Bias for action, not bureaucracy, and are able to act nimbly and quickly while rallying cross-functional teams and senior executives behind a shared vision.
- You have solid financial and analytical acumen with strong ROI orientation
- A great team member who adds energy, ideas and fun to our team and
- corporate culture.
- A thought-leader, change agent, and champion of developing new ways of working.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 15% of the time.
Varies upon the needs of the department.
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 181,800.00 to 240,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.