Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 2,300 people across our London, Southampton and Cardiff offices and will open our Manchester office later on this year.
As a Card Fraud & Scams Operations Manager, you will need to lead by example to inspire and motivate your team who are responsible for specialist card fraud & scam tasks that sit within Card Fraud & Scam Operations. You will lead from the front and be creative in finding ways to ensure the work gets actioned, whilst having a holistic approach to the development of the department. You will be required to work with various internal stakeholders across multiple functions to create best-in-class service whilst remaining focused on protecting the bank and our customers.
Applications for this role will close on 07/06.Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Head of APP, PFP & Card Fraud by overseeing the day to day work of the Card Fraud & Scam Operation, ensuring each team is performing within agreed SLAs / KPIs.
- Working with the Head of APP, PFP & Card Fraud to ensure the team’s quality and development needs are met on a day to day basis.
- Build a strong working relationship with the APP & PFP Operations manager, to provide support and cover where necessary
- Actively monitor team productivity and help schedule resourcing plan.
- Provide training and support to Team Managers to ensure development needs are getting focus and to aid their professional growth within Card Fraud Operations.
- Conduct regular 1:1s and regular team meetings/check-ins with your direct reports and the wider team.
- Build and maintain long standing relationships with internal and external stakeholders across a number of different business areas.
- Assist the team with complex cases and know when to escalate issues to Senior Management as and when necessary.
- Keep abreast of developing fraud trends and patterns to ensure your team is equipped to do their job.
- Assist with the delivery of new products, processes and procedures across the Operation.
- Drive a continuous improvement ethos within the team by encouraging people to speak up when a process or procedure could be improved.
- Undertake regular measurement and forecasting to ensure resource requirements are fully understood and there are always sufficient resources to meet operational demand.
- Positively influence and contribute to the team culture, continuously taking into consideration the engagement level across the team.
- Experience in leading successful teams to achieve their goals within a Financial Crime Operation.
- Extensive knowledge of plastic fraud types, in particular Card Not Present & Card Present fraud & scams.
- Experience in Transaction Monitoring within a Financial Crime Operations environment, although not essential.
- Experience in handling 1st party and 3rd party fraud reports against the bank
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Mastercard chargeback rules and processes would be highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge in banking regulations such as the PSR’s and Consumer Duty.
- Experience in overseeing and managing workload and prioritisation of tasks.
- Be a tenacious decision maker whilst acting with pace.
- Detail oriented with the ability and desire to work in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to, and lead people through change in a positive manner.
- Accountable leader with strong customer focus and not afraid to ‘get your hands dirty’.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work and Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. We know that our bank is only as good as the people who build it. From customer support and engineering to marketing and business development, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
You may be put off applying for a role because you don't tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we're always open to discussion. So, if you're excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you're 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.