Serko Ltd, an award-winning business travel and expense software company, is seeking a Privacy Officer to join our team. As we continue to grow globally, we recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of our customers' data and are looking for an experienced professional to lead our privacy program. The Privacy Officer will work closely with other teams to ensure compliance with privacy laws and regulations, implement privacy policies and procedures, and maintain a culture of privacy across the organization. With a flat company structure, Serko Ltd values personal integrity, adaptability, and courage, and our team collaborates with energy and enthusiasm to revolutionize the business travel industry.Responsibilities
- Oversee and maintain Serko Ltd's privacy program, including implementing privacy policies, procedures, and controls.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate privacy policies and procedures to employees and customers.
- Monitor and assess regulatory developments and assess their impact on Serko Ltd's privacy program.
- Handle privacy-related inquiries and complaints from customers, employees, and regulatory authorities.
- Provide advice and guidance to teams on privacy issues related to products and services.
- Conduct privacy impact assessments for new products and services.
- Raise privacy awareness across the organization and ensure employees are trained on privacy policies and procedures.
- At least 7 years of experience in the field of privacy or data protection.
- Knowledge of current and future national privacy and data protection regulation and key global obligations like GDPR.
- Experience developing and implementing privacy policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
It's important to us that our people can bring their whole selves to work. Join our team and we have the following on offer for you!
- A competitive base salary and opportunity to take part in our employee incentive share scheme, kiwisaver (or global equivalent) and life insurance
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements, where you get to choose how to best structure your day and week so you can be at your best
- A focus on both wellbeing and doing, including:
- Wellbeing & volunteer days, focused meeting free time
- Discounted Southern Cross health insurance (NZ), free flu shots, and access to a confidential support, guidance and counselling service
- Enhanced parental leave including
- 20 weeks on full pay for the primary caregiver
- Three weeks paid Partner Leave
- Support for the Primary Caregiver transitioning back to work after leave - work 3 days and paid 5 days for the first month back to work
- Access to travel industry discounts
How to Apply
Serko is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer. However, due to Covid-19 immigration restrictions, we can only accept applications from candidates who are either NZ/AU citizens/permanent residents or hold a current valid work visa for employment in New Zealand.
Check out our other great opportunities & video footage about life a Serko, at www.serko.com/careers
If this sounds like you, then please click on the "Apply" button and follow the prompts.