Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About The Team
We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join the Time Products team. Our team is responsible for essential products that enable our customers to manage their workforce on a global scale. We are working on multiple areas including Time & Attendance, Leave Mangement, and soon-to-be-released Scheduling products. This team is at the forefront of Rippling’s exciting international expansion, and will be launching critical product initiatives in 2023.
What You’ll Do
- Act as a technical leader across the Time Products group
- Upholding a high bar by participating in technical discussions, providing feedback on specs, and making recommendations.
- Shipping and owning high-impact products end-to-end with high quality.
- Proposing, leading, and rolling out technical initiatives that align the team with industry best practices for code quality, observability, testing. You may find yourself leading a weekly meeting around how to improve the health of our services.
- Deploying great technical judgment because this is not your first rodeo.
- Taking ambiguous technical problem statements and turning them into an actionable plan, and then executing on it with the team.
- Modeling and executing against requirements involving complex and interdependent systems related to employment rules, country-specific requirements, international currencies, and more.
- Crafting a technical vision for the team
- 7+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- You have seen systems operating at significant technical and organizational scale
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in building projects with good abstractions and architecture
- Comfortable at developing scalable and extendable core services used in many products
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
$198,000 - $279,000/year
$178,000 - $252,000/year
$168,000 - $238,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in lots of different ways and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture.