Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro , Kraken NFT , and Cryptowatch , with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!Proof of work
The Financial Platform Product Management Group is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and operation of the firm’s middle- and back-office systems. The Financial Platform Product Group partners with revenue-producing business areas across the firm to provide the underlying infrastructure to support their growing business activities. This group also takes a leading role in the design and implementation of the firm’s risk policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate has professional experience with trading and trading product of different global capital markets (equities, f/x, crypto), lending and lending products, market and credit risk theory and practice, a detailed understanding of the transaction processing lifecycle, is data-driven, technically adept and has a proven track record of Product Management achievement.The Opportunity
Skills You Should HODL
- Lead the working group that delivers an equity trading project that is fully integrated with the firm’s crypto exchange
- Collaborate with engineering, design, operations, marketing, finance, compliance, legal, and support teams to build a best in class equities platform for Kraken’s global client base
- Point-of-contact for external execution and custody brokerage partners and be responsible for negotiating terms, managing the relationship, and guarding the firm’s best interests
- Primary business stakeholder for all regulatory enquiries regarding the product. Work with compliance and legal teams to ensure the product adheres to multiple regional regulations. Be mindful of regulatory and legal requirements but also be ready to challenge overtly conservative interpretations.
- Balance business objectives, customer needs, insights and technical constraints to produce data-informed outcomes
- Responsible for creating, grooming and prioritizing the backlog for the development of the equities platform
- Actively participate in design reviews both seeking and giving meaningful and supportive feedback
- Take full accountability for your work and exercise consideration of every detail
Nice to Haves
- Senior product manager with +10 years of capital market experience.
- +5 years of Agile Software Development Life Cycle experience with SCRUM teams.
- In depth knowledge of financial markets; with a focus on US and European listed equity products.
- Create and maintain the business case, including financial modeling, of your initiatives.
- Experience with building products on both web and mobile interfaces.
- Experience in designing products for different user bases including both consumer and sophisticated/professional clients.
- Experience managing and developing long term vendor and partner relationships guided by the long term product strategy.
- Knowledge of the US and European regulatory policies regarding securities, including trade reporting.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills to create alignment to work with a globally distributed team.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure cross functional teams are undated and engaged throughout the organization.
- FINRA or European regulatory certifications
- Equity derivatives and margin experience
- An understanding of AML/KYC policies
- Has worked at an investment firm or broker dealer
Location Tagging: #US #EU #Canada
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Learn on the Kraken Blog
Connect on LinkedIn