This is a fantastic opportunity to join a truly international crypto and payments FinTech organisation and to work with some of the industry’s finest talent. If you are an experienced Enterprise Risk Manager, who is passionate about contributing to positive change and developing strategies to entrench a risk management culture - we want you!
We are seeking an Enterprise Risk Manager who is looking for a new challenge. It's an exciting time to get on board here at Wirex!
Based in the UK, reporting to the VP Chief Risk Office Operations, you will bring a fresh approach to our Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF). An integral role in our Risk and Compliance team, the Enterprise Risk Manager will be accountable for the continuous improvement of a holistic and complete ERMF which is suited to Wirex’s needs from a strategic, regulatory and customer perspective.
The successful candidate, will be directly involved in assisting the Global Chief Risk Officer and his Senior Leadership Team in ensuring the risk management framework is efficient and effective in helping to identify, mitigate and manage our key risks including providing insights and recommendations on how we improve.
We understand that our business thrives when our personnel thrive, and that starts by hiring the right people.
What’s on offer
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to work with some of the smartest brains in the industry, you can expect to receive some other great perks for being a ‘Wirexer’:
- Flexible working – remote or semi-remote with flexible business hours, we understand the meaning of work-life balance.
- 27 days’ holiday + bank holidays – work hard, play harder. Enjoying your downtime is important. Annual leave allowance rises to 30 days with your service!
- Birthday off – to spend the day with your friends and family doing something you love!
- Wirexer service anniversary day off – each year, on your service anniversary, we give you the day off to say thank you for being a ‘Wirexer’.
- Paid sickness leave – generous sickness allowance for when you most need it.
- Corporate Private Health – your health is important, so we give our people the option to join Vitality Health.
- Paid Volunteer Day and opportunity to do work for good causes – we want to make sure we give back when and where we can, and if we can have fun in the process, it’s win, win!
- Referral Scheme – want to give someone you know the opportunity to work with some of the smartest brains in the industry? You refer, we reward you for your efforts!
- Annual bonus earning potential - which of course is paid in cryptocurrency!
- Training and career development – we give all our people £800 each year to learn something new in their field.
- £200 new starter office set-up allowance – to make sure you are set-up for success!
Key responsibilities of the Enterprise Risk Manager:
- Supporting a strong risk culture across the business.
- Develop and implement innovative risk frameworks, whilst also maintaining existing ones.
- Directly involved with reports to the Board and Risk Committees.
- Proactive in seeking efficiencies and improve risk management across the firm.
- Support the Risk & Compliance SLT in their oversight and reporting of risks.
- Engage with peers in other firms for mutual support and sharing of best practice.
Skills and experience required:
- Existing Risk Manager with broad risk experience in a payments firm or small bank.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining strong collaborative relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Clear understanding and knowledge of 1st and 2nd line responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- High degree of analytical ability and reporting on such data.
- Ability to prioritize amidst various and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- High attention to detail, self-driven, results-oriented, and action-focused.
- Flexibility and adaptability – able to lead effectively within an environment of ambiguity.
- Specific experience in overseeing and reporting on KRIs.
- Experienced in managing senior stakeholders and conflict resolution.
- Great organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work quickly and accurately - self-disciplined.
- Capable of working under pressure
- FinTech / Crypto background is a plus
Wirex behaviours required for the position:
- Positive, ‘can-do’ ‘will-do’ approach to work tasks.
- Ability to promote collaboration and sharing.
- Contributes to creating a positive environment.
- Passionate about their area of expertise.
- Takes initiative and creates a drives innovations for our customers.
- Establishes high personal goals.
- Works towards collective success
- Inspires and supports others to succeed
We’re Wirex and we’re not like anyone else. Why? Because we always do things our way, before anyone else does them – like creating the first ever debit card that lets you pay with crypto, making it easier for ordinary people to access DeFi-powered savings and setting up the world’s first cryptocurrency rewards scheme.
Our vision is a world in which everyone can enjoy the benefits of digital currency – everything from the power to send money around the world near-instantly without breaking the bank to buying, storing, and exchanging 40+ top tokens on a secure, easy-to-use platform at some of the best rates in the industry.
We must be doing something right, because more than 5 million people across 130 countries are helping to change the world by using Wirex.
Are you part of the digital money movement? Do you want to change the way people think about money, forever? If your skills fit our vision and you want to join a company that is really going places.
If you have the experience and the knowledge to be successful in this Enterprise Risk Manager role, get in touch, and let’s discuss this exciting next step in your career.
Diversity and Inclusion
We invite applications from anyone who shares our vision and demonstrates our company values. If you have what it takes to perform the role and have the capabilities required that we have listed in the job description, then we want to hear from you.
We embrace unique and are immensely proud of our diverse team and inclusive culture, if you want to be a part of our exciting journey, don't hesitate to apply.