What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers. That means we take away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
As Senior Product Designer at Paddle, you’ll use your full range of skills from problem exploration, user research, running ideation sessions, prototyping, UX/UI design and working closely with the engineering team to make things happen.
Furthermore, you’ll need to think strategically about the future of the product and contribute to the further development of a scalable design system and process. You need to be a holistic problem solver who can look beyond and above pixels and contribute proactively at different levels.
You will sit in the product team who are responsible for making sure we build the best, customer-centred products at Paddle. As a team, we believe in ownership, autonomy and accountability. We work alongside engineering in multi-functional product teams which have a strong product manager and product designer who collaborate to reach the best solution.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to further build out the Paddle platform, creating tools to help software businesses grow.
- Partner with product managers to define and evolve product roadmaps and work closely with engineers as you build, iterate on, and ship ideas.
- Excel at user interviews and user testing.
- Design and prototype intuitive user interfaces.
- Work on building out features that make complex tasks + workflows simple and easy to understand for all levels of customers.
- Collaborate with designers across the organisation and use quantitative data and user and market insights to continuously improve our design processes, principles, and tooling.
- Own the customer-facing experience, across both a complex platform used to run hundreds of software companies and a checkout product used by millions of consumers.
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- You have proven experience in end-to-end product design for software platforms, ideally in the SaaS/B2B space.
- Have a strong portfolio to demonstrate the end-to-end design process.
- Deep expertise working with design systems.
- You have experience supporting multiple products.
- You have experience collaborating with other product designers, PMs, engineers, and partnering with cross-functional teams across the business.
- You love building products that solve real problems.
- You are able to clearly communicate design work and the rationale behind it and back it up with quantitative and qualitative user research data.
- You are a self-starter who can work through ambiguity and autonomously complete a task from start to finish with minimal oversight.
- You have experience (and understand the benefit) of prototyping before implementation using something like Framer (or even HTML & CSS).
- You have strong UI design skills (over multiple roles) using Figma (or similar).
- You've worked in a start-up / scale-up environment (nice to have)
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your craft, curiosity, passion for learning and what you’ll add to our culture. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group.
Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We will do everything we can to support any accommodations needed.
We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and wellbeing initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company
, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.