Risk & Compliance
Permanent - Full Time
Senior Compliance Manager
At Freetrade, we believe investing should be accessible to everyone. It's one of the best ways to grow your savings but, for many, it seems complicated, expensive, and out of reach.
We're here to change that.
We're a technology company that brings simple investing to everyone. We've built a beautiful app to buy and sell shares and ETFs in a fluid, mobile-first experience.
We're building a team with diverse and unique perspectives in order to help us on our mission to demystify investing.
Our goal is to help our customers achieve better, long-term financial outcomes.
In 2023, we'll be transforming our product, developing new features and introducing new products. In the UK, we now have over 1.6m registered users, offering a range of products like the Freetrade Pension, a stocks and shares ISA, and our premium plan, Freetrade Plus.
Our growth has all been possible because of the backing of a passionate group of over 15,000 crowdfunding investors. As we've scaled, we've also raised money from world-class growth investors including Left Lane Capital, Molten Ventures, and L
We are looking for an exceptional Compliance Senior Manager to join our global team. In this role you will work with colleagues in the UK, Sweden and Canada across a wide range of compliance activities, supporting our oversight of the business and helping to ensure that we deliver good outcomes to our customers.
- Help lead the delivery of Freetrade's Global Compliance programme, focusing on delivering regulatory and compliance advice across the organisation.
- Take the lead on Compliance Advisory initiatives - working with our product team, engineers, operations and customer facing teams to provide strong and pragmatic advice on business and customer issues, new products strategic initiatives and regulatory change.
- Provide oversight and challenge to the business through engagement with other teams at all levels of the firm.
- Oversee elements of the programme of Compliance reviews and controls testing.
- Manage, support and coach other members of the Compliance team, help them build their careers and develop their technical and soft skills.
- Oversee the delivery of key Compliance owned policies, processes and controls and proactively identify and implement enhancements to them.
- Contribute to the production and delivery of internal and governance reports.
- You have strong financial services industry experience - at least 7 years in Compliance at a retail focused financial services company or working at a regulator or a large consultancy.
- Ideally you have held a senior role in Compliance at a retail investment broker.
- You have strong knowledge of UK financial services regulation, preferably as they apply to retail investments. Knowledge of Data Privacy rules would also be an advantage.
- You are interested in financial services regulation and are passionate about delivering good outcomes to customers
- You are a strong and supportive manager and can get the best out of your team. You are keen to share your knowledge and are open to giving (and receiving) continuous feedback.
- You are a strong communicator who thrives working cross-functionally across the firm.
- You can influence people of all grades to deliver the right outcomes for clients.
- You are excited about what we're doing at Freetrade and where we're headed!
Interview Logistics & Benefits
The application process consists of a 3 stage process. Following a phone interview with one of our internal Talent Specialists, you'll have interviews centred around your Technical Leadership abilities, as well as System Design and Architectural knowledge. The third and final interview will be with our two Co-Founders, to assess your alignment to our company Values and general fit.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you. We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
Please note we are not accepting agency CVs.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and lots of other benefits.
You'll have a stake in the company you're building, with stock options benchmarked to US companies.