At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As a Transaction Support Analyst, you’ll join a high functioning team of passionate support professionals whose performance is critical to Coinbase achieving its mission. You will serve as a subject matter expert for Coinbase’s institutional suite of products (Prime, Custody), providing world-class service and support to our most valued clients and coverage team. Diligent, empathetic, and have a bias towards action, you will play a crucial role in the success of the Client Services organization as we help build the crypto-economy.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties): To be completed by all business teams except Eng.
- Serve as a domain expert across multiple channels, supporting our highest value customers and institutions on Coinbase’s institutional products (including Prime and Custody)
- Responsible for executing transaction processing for Coinbase’s institutional clients
- Provide white glove support to our highest priority global clients through phone, email and video calls in an articulate and empathetic manner
- Make informed, data-driven decisions through a thorough understanding of metrics and the business
- Set a high bar for support analysts within the organization by setting an example through performance and work ethic
- Operationalize new and existing policies, processes, and procedures related to the Client Services scope
- Serve as the voice of the customer to internal teams including Advocacy and Product when surfacing bugs, incidents, and product feedback
- Participate in a 24x7 team, requiring weekend and shift rotations that may include overnight coverage. Occasional shift work will be required
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements): To be completed by all business teams except Eng.
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and creating a seamless, scalable support experience for our global customer base
- Understanding of cryptocurrency, global financial markets, and/or trading platforms
- Must work within defined shift hours and participate in an on-call rotation that includes weekends, as required by the business
- Experience with different channels of support, including voice, e-mail and/or chat
- Fantastic communication skills in order to operate across multiple departments, stakeholders, and clients
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization
- Travel requirements up to 20% to Coinbase offices and client locations (depending on business need)
Nice To Haves
- Degree in business, finance or CX
- Experience in API Support
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: French, German, Japanese, Mandarin or another language
- Relevant experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support
- Experience with high priority clients, technology, product support, payments, fraud, or other relevant operational domains
Job #: P1370376
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the hourly wage for this position can range from $[29.42] to $[34.61] + target bonus + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.