At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We’re looking for an experienced designer to join our Design Systems team at Coinbase. The Design Systems team is tightly integrated with our engineering team. You’ll be helping build the Coinbase Design System, working closely with our cross-functional partners, to build out a unified design system that brings all of our products at Coinbase together under a common design language.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage, coach, develop, and inspire a product design team to help Coinbase design at scale
- Set vision and strategy for uniting all of our products under an accessible, unified, and high craft design system and visual language
- Partner closely with Engineering, Product, and Research to drive cross-functional alignment, define strategy, and develop team roadmap and priorities
- Guide our team in establishing scalable frameworks and guidelines
- Advocate the design system within our company by communicating strategy, plans, and updates across the organization
- Manage day-to-day team operations, drive project timelines, and hold the team accountable to our high bar for quality
- Attract top talent and help build a world class team
What We Look For In You
- Experience leading Design Systems teams, with at least 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience successfully building and maintaining design systems at scale within a large product company
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to partner with cross-functional partners, to drive towards successful outcomes
- Excellent understanding of best practices and processes around governance and maintenance of large scale design systems
- Proven technical understanding of how to build and architect scalable design systems within a product-driven company
- Sound attention to detail and craft
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to haves
- Ability to write code and find your way around a codebase
- Experience managing accessibility
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $236,725 to $278,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.