At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
As a Director of SRE at PayPal, you will be our champion of reliability, and responsible for the scalability, availability, and performance of the infrastructure and core service layers that that makes up our Payments Platform and powers 400M+ consumers and 35M+ merchants across the globe.
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We're a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We're guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
About the role:
As part of the Payments Engineering team, you’ll be working on complex systems that handle the money movement of PayPal customers across its many PayPal brands including Venmo, Xoom, Zettle, Hyperwallet and PayPal Braintree.
The ideal candidate will have a deep technology background, strong platform thinking, passionate focus on hard technical problems at scale, and ability to collaborate with many teams and stakeholders to move big rocks forward. This position is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and expertise to a global engineering team with responsibility for all aspects of engineering in an agile delivery model.
- You’ll get to build and develop talented and high-functioning teams, lead them through ambiguity, and determine their long-term strategy along with the organization’s engineering roadmap.
- You’ll live and breathe reliability engineering, defining and driving reliability best practices and improvements across the organization's boundaries while setting and governing clear measures of success. This includes building out AIOps solutions that enable the organization to more quickly identify, address, and resolve production incidents.
- You’ll be collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify and implement new technologies and tools to improve our services and core operations, and with stakeholders to ensure that our systems meet our reliability and performance standards.
- You’ll bring efficiencies to the organization thru continuous improvement of systems, tools, and processes with an emphasis on automation.
What you'll have:
- You’re a people person. You connect well with technically savvy engineers and other stakeholders across the organization. You demonstrate a high emotional quotient and empathy, with the ability to build trust and create psychological safety while tackling tough problems and navigating conflicts.
- You bring broad subject matter expertise across large scale distributed systems, on-prem and cloud-based infrastructure, container and container orchestration, monitoring and observability tooling, and the software development lifecycle. (Experience building solutions on the Cloud (ideally GCP and AWS) preferred.)
- You’re practiced in incident management. You bring direction and clarity to ensure urgency in mitigation at the time of an incident and comprehensiveness in fast follow-ups with root cause analysis and corrective actions. Like us, you uphold the credo that we should never let a good customer have a bad day on our platform.
- You’ll bring expertise in technical product management, including agile delivery methodology, planning, estimating, staffing, and executing.
- You should have a track record leading, developing, and delivering impactful, complex software projects within complex organizations.
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- 10+ years of experience in software development, systems engineering, and/or site reliability engineering. (Experience in managing geographically distributed teams preferred.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- If you have experience in the Payments domain, that’s a big plus!
How You'll Be Successful:
- Approach problems with humility, rigor, and decisiveness.
- Lead by meeting people where they are and building bridges to where you need them to go.
- Embrace creative problem-solving and innovate on more intelligent, automated ways to prevent, detect and mitigate customer issues.
- Emphasize iterative progress, risk management, and delivering value.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in engineering to ensure the organization stays competitive.
- Provide mentorship and growth opportunities for team members and leaders to evolve in their roles at a company scale.
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is $120300 to $287100
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
REQ ID R0103132