Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
About Innovation and Digital Partnerships
The Innovation and Global Digital Partnerships organization defines the next phase of Innovation for Visa through our global network of Innovation Centers and leads the development and commercialization of Visa products and solutions for Big Tech, Fintech and Platform partnerships.
We are looking for a creative and entrepreneurial product leader to develop products and services that drive innovation and growth for VISA in North America. As the head of VISA’s North America Innovation team, you will play a pivotal role in identifying and addressing the evolving needs of VISA’s customers, clients, and partners by creating next-generation payment solutions fit for a continuously evolving digital payments landscape.
This is a high-profile position that requires a strong partnership with the North America Product and Digital Partnerships team to drive VISA’s innovation agenda across North America. You will collaborate with top technology firms and digital platforms to jointly leverage our respective strengths and introduce innovative solutions to shape the next generation of digital payments landscape. Additionally, you will work closely with VISA technology teams to prioritize products and deliver in a timely fashion.
You should possess knowledge of both established and emerging payment flows and the solutions utilized by merchants and issuers in North America, as well as other areas of the globe. You will have a vision for conceptualizing and developing original solutions that simultaneously address deep customer challenges, surpass current market offerings, and advance VISA’s business strategy. Dedication to resolving customer concerns and delivering innovative solutions utilizing cutting-edge payment technology is a must.
You should have a track record of successfully launching new products within a sizable organization, from ideation to implementation. As part of your role, you will operate in a matrixed environment, requiring the ability to communicate persuasively through both written and verbal means to align stakeholders and executives on business cases and objectives.
This role is based in San Francisco and reports to the SVP, Global Head of Insights and Innovation at Visa, while being a member of both the Global Innovation and North America Product Leadership teams.
- Lead a team of product managers to solve challenging customer and market problems with innovative and groundbreaking solutions that will propel VISA’s growth and leadership in payments. Realize these solutions by leading their development and commercialization and working closely with Product, Technology, Digital Partnerships, and Sales to optimize for the North American market.
- Own the product innovation pipeline including stakeholder collaboration, product requirements, and plan for launch. Build buy-in from senior executives and key stakeholders with persuasive storytelling that brings to life the customer need, business value proposition, and revenue opportunity.
- Create an environment that fosters a continuous focus on customer and market needs, creative thinking, experimentation, and learning. Use metrics-driven approach to test new hypothesis and product initiatives. Encourage teams to fail fast when necessary and be unafraid to identify failures quickly and develop alternate solutions.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the diverse range of products and solutions that VISA provides to its clients and partners such as merchants, banks, fintechs, and big-techs. You will use core payment technologies and enablers such as tokenization, digital identity, authentication, P2P payments, and others to enable non-payment companies to make payment integrations simple.
- Collaborate with product management leaders in other regions to learn about their market needs and leverage insights, trends, and payment experiences from other regions in developing new solutions for North America.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 12 years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g., Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15 years of relevant experience in product leadership in high growth companies, including leading products within the financial technology industry or related industries.
- 7+ years of people management attracting, retaining, and developing high-performing product managers within a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Proven record of solving complex product problems and building, shipping, and scaling early-stage innovation pipeline to later stage production successfully across functional teams.
- Deep knowledge of payments ecosystem and growth areas that are re-shaping payment flows in the U.S. and Canada. Comprehensive understanding of the regulatory challenges faced by the payment industry.
- Creative, curious, and unconventional product mind with a demonstrated ability to apply inspiration from changes in customer behavior, technology, and business models from other industries and sectors to payments.
- Executive presence with an ability to operate independently, influence and work hands-on with product, technology, and other cross-functional team leaders.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Ability to inspire and influence others without direct management responsibility.
- A high level of professionalism and leadership skills to build business relationships, trust and respect with business partners and suppliers.
Varies upon the needs of the department.
This position requires travel 30% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 218,200.00 to 300,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.