Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Automation and Optimization organization in Client Services is responsible for developing and implementing the strategy for digitalization and automation tools in support of a world class service experience for Visa’s clients. Our team works with cross-functional leaders in Client Services, Product and Technology to drive the automation strategy and grow world-class, fully digitally-integrated automation capabilities across all areas of Client Services.
The Senior Director, Head of Services Digitization
will be responsible for defining our vision for digitizing new services, engaging with all cross-functional partners, and leading across multiple product teams.
S(he) will work in partnership with the Service Experience managers and other Client Service leaders to build in-depth understanding of Client Services’ needs, pain points and service solution opportunities. During the first 90 in role, the initial focus will be on the areas of pre-sales and optimization for all client types. S(he) will develop an assessment of the Client Services automation needs, build a cohesive recommendation and strategy on key service solutions for those client types, and work with the product owners to build an implementation roadmap.
Do you like to live between the lines of business, product and technology, integrating the best of both worlds to understand how we work and to develop solutions to drive new business value? Do you like the empowerment of defining priorities and delivering innovative solutions for the business?
We are looking for a customer-obsessed, strategic data-driven leader who has expertise in defining end to end service automation solutions. This is a senior role that requires effective collaboration with Client facing teams, Product teams and Technology partners within Client Services and other Visa organizations. Additionally, the effective candidate will be able to lead through ambiguity and inspire followership within a matrixed organization.
- Define solutioning requirements for new services and client types
- Map From-To key servicing needs including platforms, applications, point solutions
- Recommend integrations with existing applications, identify gaps and define integration solutions of new applications.
- Broader organization and capability recommendations with VP Automation & Optimization (for all client types and all services)
- Services Digitization Strategy
- Work collaboratively with Client Services stakeholders to develop solutions for improvement of new client-types’ service processes.
- Partner with Business Process Optimization, Regional and Product Service teams to determine what is the best application / solution to effectively implement service process improvements to increase productivity, deliver cost savings and reduce the speed of service delivery
- Define automation end-to-end solutions for new services and engage with CS Product and Technology partners in understanding business roadmaps, identifying and prioritizing projects and collaboratively building automation program roadmaps
- Demonstrate knowledge on scaled agile methodology to ensure alignment to standards for project delivery
- Track, measure and report stakeholder engagement and productivity to ensure successful adoption and identify opportunities for optimization
- Services Digitization Capabilities, Partner Roadmap, and Industry Trends
- Be aware of current and future market and technology developments in the industry through maintaining a tight alignment with Visa’s tools partner providers, white papers, blogs, upskilling and other learning opportunities
- Promote and be a source of knowledge across the Client Service organization of all CRM related capabilities.
- Leadership and Team Building
- Build, develop, coach a team of product managers and analysts
- Lead by example and set development and performance goals for the team
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two to three days a week, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and / or Thursdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Visa does not support immigration or relocation for this role.
- 12 or more years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of experience with a bachelor’s degree or 12 years of experience with an advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 9+ years of experience
- 10+ years of experience leading Product Management & Strategy Management in the Banking, Payments or FinTech industries
- 5+ Solution and General management experience
- Working experience building solutions leveraging automation tools.
- Thorough understanding and experience applying user centered design to build fully optimized service solutions
- Ability to translate manual processes into automated solutions and integrations
- Proven problem solving and organizational change management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and ruthlessly prioritize to focus on most important items and must haves that maximize client value
- Demonstrated ability to drive action and sustain momentum to achieve results
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated analytical rigor and attention to detail
- Ability to absorb and process large amounts of information and synthesize into key insights and actionable recommendations
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with ability to develop compelling narrative and vision of desired future state for different audiences
- Strong presence and ability to work collaboratively with senior leadership, and with cross-functional and regionally distributed teams
- Ability to influence executives and peers to make compelling cases for future services solutions.
- Ability to work independently, set and manage plans, and achieve results
- Strong people management and development skills
- Ability to manage ambiguity and demonstrate resilience when faced with obstacles
- Bias for action, self-starter mentality and growth mindset
Varies upon the needs of the department.
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 165,400.00 to 215,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.