Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
We’re looking for a passionate and driven designer with B2B marketing experience and a strong reputation for driving meaningful engagements through multi-media content to lead our design team.
As a seasoned leader, you know how to use data and partnerships to help drive efficiency and provide clear goals and priorities for your team. You love telling stories through visual and audio mediums, and you get excited by new technologies and how they can improve the work of your team.
Creative Director at Checkout.com
As Creative Director, you'll work very closely with the rest of the marketing team to identify new opportunities that set the benchmark in Tech. Not only do you love pushing the boundaries of what’s possible for design, but you’re also data-driven and hyper-focused on improving efficacy and results with every activity. Your drive is to enable cross-functional team members to deliver great results at every stage of the funnel. And you love a good process that makes Kanban look slow.
In this hands-on and high-impact role, you'll pursue new ideas without being prompted and inspire everyone around you to develop best-in-class design solutions. You'll thrive on teaching, coaching, and mentoring a multi-functional team of in-house designers and freelancers. You'll provide design direction, laying the foundations for your team to design with confidence, and build our brand.
About the Brand Design team:
The Brand Design team sits within the marketing team and is an integral stakeholder, building and safeguarding the brand visual identity and creative direction for Checkout.com. We explore, design, and deliver best-in-class brand experiences that help promote our products and services, along with elevating design thinking across the business.
We work from the beginning to the end of the creative process, we deliver customer focussed designed experiences that drive brand awareness, engagement, and excitement with our audiences – whoever they may be.
We’re a community of creatives spanning motion animation, events, and physical experiences, presentation specialists, and much more. We work hand in hand with colleagues across the business to strive for better and drive new ideas and opportunities.
Brand designers constantly push for better, not just different. We create, test and develop systems and processes that enable us to create work of the highest quality, constantly evolving and pushing our brand. Our designers excel at succinctly describing design choices that are precise, obvious, and elegant, making our brand as iconic as possible.
How you’ll make an impact
- Lead and mentor a team of multi-functional designers
- Translate and articulate our brand strategy, turning it into world-leading brand communications and experiences.
- Act as a true guardian of our brand, you'll make sure we stay consistent across the world. With a great understanding of brand and branding, you'll advise on how we should apply these across various channels and communications
- You'll mix strategy with being hands-on, constantly pushing your work until all details are resolved elegantly. You love managing as much as you love designing.
- Optimize and scale design processes - you love a good template and your are passionate about using tools that help everyone become a good designer. You'll empower the team with modern tech and smart tools
- Partner with campaign leads to ideate, develop and help execute full-funnel marketing campaigns
- Drive the performance of our design; know what works and why. Partner with teams to launch and track tests
What we’re looking for
- You have approximately 10+ years of design experience leading multi-functional teams, ideally in B2B SaaS, preferably with both in-house and agency experience.
- You're able to quickly and creatively visualize intangible and abstract business processes, turning these into compelling creative solutions. You love working on complex solutions, using visual language to simplify education and clarify processes for our customers.
- Expert understanding of how customers interact with our brand, how brands our brand needs to flex and how to develop and constantly challenge our brand.
- You have spent years writing, questioning, and managing briefs, working in collaboration with stakeholders and the team to fully understand the needs and requirements of the brief and how they impact the business. You’re not rigid in your processes, you flex to the needs of the project and the impact to the business.
- A master in presenting your work, the process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders, you’re proactive in getting constructive feedback to help you produce your best work. As a result you will have an amazing track record of creating iconic creative work, yet you don’t rest on your laurels and feel your best work is still to come…
- You're comfortable working in scrappy environments with a keen passion for implementing new processes at scale
- You're a strategic planner and can juggle several projects and get stuck in
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a passion for communication
- Experience leading and growing a diverse team across geographies with a passion for developing people and a best-in-class team
- Strong data visualization skills
- And of course, you're passionate about Checkout.com’s vision and purpose
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/