Moula is a leading FinTech for small to medium businesses. We empower customers across Australia and New Zealand to grow their companies with a suite of Financial Products.
We are seeking an experienced cloud engineer to help us build and support Moula’s products. You can expect to work with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, engineers and quality assurance people. You will collaborate with others to optimise our infrastructure and our product.
At Moula, we value learning, collaboration and clarity. You will find success here if you enjoy working with infrastructure, but you are aware that your job is not only about delivery: you are a welcoming contributor that knows how to communicate with your team. You prefer using proven technologies to solve any problem that comes your way. If you find yourself always looking for ways to go to production faster and safer you are on the right job ad. You have broken production environments—and then buckled down, fixed them and maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
You should be comfortable with distributed teams (as you will work with some folks in other locations), and also excited about building a strong, inclusive environment for everyone who joins after you. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What you will do
- Your customers are the engineers of your team. You work with them to create cloud and automation platforms that will help them focus on delivering business value.
- You will be helping the team, along with the team lead, make long term and viable cloud architecture decisions.
- You will be a strong advocate for Continuous Integration and all the practices that allow the team to deliver to production frequently, fast and safely.
- You will contribute to the observability and alerting setup that will help the team solve issues proactively.
- You will work to strengthen the security posture of our cloud infrastructure and software supply chain.
- Work to improve systems resiliency and scaling issues.
- Educate and evangelise stakeholders on infrastructure and operation best practices.
- Be an advocate for good system design, good engineering practices and automation. These will reflect in your day-to-day work.
- Be able to triage and fix issues in any part of the systems your team owns. You own the systems you build in the long run.
- Contribute towards good engineering standards and their adoption, enabling current and future teams to pick up, maintain and evolve the systems you build.
- Help the team maintain some legacy systems while they are still operational.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong cloud architecture and engineering experience. We work with Azure, but your background can be from any other cloud provider.
- Solid skill and experience on CI/CD, infrastructure as code and scripting. We use Azure Devops + Terraform + PowerShell, we also appreciate if your skills on ARM template, Bicep, Azure, or other cloud provider’s CLI/SDK.
- Worked on cloud networking topologies and are close to the latest cloud networking patterns.
- Solid skills and commercial experience on containerisation and orchestration.
- Implemented security recommendations and automation from any security framework.
- Understanding of the building blocks of good observability, alerting and response practices. We use New Relic.
- If you have experience on Unix and Linux, and .Net core development it would be apricated.
- Worked on resolving incidents by coordinating the response and helping everyone navigate the issue effectively.
- Experience working in a cross functional agile environment.
- Able to work on a project or complicated change throughout the entire SDLC collaboratively or independently.
- Strong leadership and good communication skills.
- Open-minded, curious, and with eyes for detail.
- Accepting working from home and in office. This position is a hybrid position.