Heyyyyy! We're Cashrewards, Australia’s most loved cashback platform.
Shoppers love us, but not just shoppers, our team think we’re pretty awesome too. So much so that they recently voted and now we’re a certified Great Place to Work. As they say, the proof is in the pudding socheck out this role to see if you fancy a slice yourself.
About The Role
The Data Engineer role is critical to our growth agenda, and this role requires both superior skills and excitement about the Cashrewards mission and opportunity.
- Interpret commercial requirements, create specifications, design and implement data solutions that are aligned to the Cashrewards data roadmap.
- Design, build and manage efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data across several platforms.
- Create efficient end-to-end execution processes.
- Work closely with the Lead Engineer to determine data engineering team priorities.
- Take end to end ownership of small to medium size projects, manage project timeline and communicate progress to key stakeholders.
- Optimise data management, quality and governance best practices across engineering and data engineering team.
- Recognised degree in IT, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field preferred.
- Strong grasp of at least one programming language specifically writing applications for production use and ability to learn new languages and techniques. We use Python and Typescript for most of our work.
- SQL knowledge and experience working with relational/nosql databases.
- Hands on experience with Spark would be desirable.
- Proficiency with Cloud providers, preferably AWS.
- Familiarity with test driven development and automated unit testing frameworks.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD.
- Experience building data pipelines and applications in a production environment.
- A natural self-motivator who requires minimal guidance or supervision/works independently with a positive can-do attitude.
- Collaborates effectively with others and influences all stakeholders towards business outcomes.
- A strong desire to execute, drive impact, and develop within our organisation.
In the fast moving cashback category, Cashrewards has powered ahead of its rivals and taken the lead, serving over 1.9 million members with an enticing range of cashback offers from more than 2000 brand partners including Apple, Amazon, Myer, Liquorland, Adidas, Bonds, Target, Booking.com and The Iconic. As if that isn’t impressive enough, we’re fully Australian owned and operated, and backed by 1835i, one of Australia's leading venture funds. Plus, we support the Starlight Children's Foundation by donating 1% of all cash redeemed to the foundation.
Another cool thing, we're right smack-band in the middle of Sydney CBD (next to the QVB) so we're easy to get to.
There's Lots More To Love About Working Here, Like
- Flexible working
- Friday hours (finish at 3pm on Fridays)
- Double cashback
- Free access to Headspace
- Discounted fitness classes and wellness offering with Class Pass
- Birthday leave
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Ability to work up to 90 days a year from anywhere in the world
- Awesome people who you'll get to know at some of our awesome celebrations and social events
We’ve grown so much in the last few years and as this ad proves, we’re still growing. So if you’re keen to jump on board and help us steer this fine ship into the future, don’t let this opportunity pass you by. So jump in, forget FOMO. Join the Cashrewards team today.
Check out our careers page https://www.cashrewards.com.au/careers