At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
Identity products are at the core of customer experience in PayPal. In this role you will participate in efforts to continuously enhance customer identity experiences and the underlying platforms. The role offers numerous problem statements of analyzing best ways to authenticate customer, finding ways to get consumer’s profile ready and finally, tethered ID. You will devise operating strategy for the team, owning stakeholder conversations & influencing senior leaders to make the right decisions. Finding opportunities & creating a direct impact on top line metrics is day to day headline. In this role you will manage a team of data scientists provide data driven insights on identity capabilities rolling out to apps across web and mobile. You will be responsible for analytics and data insights used to forecast and measure feature benefits. These analytics and insights will further inform on product prioritization and strategies with quantifiable impact.
- You are curious and inquisitive: love digging into data and uncovering insights
- You are hyper-analytical, intellectually honest, extremely passionate about data and testing (e.g., A/B experimentation) & great in communicating your ideas through storytelling.
- You are a highly motivated, result-oriented self-starter, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and can deliver successful results with minimal guidance
- You are energized, fun-loving and an adventurous team player
- You are passionate about mentoring and developing a high-performing team to drive impact
Your day to day:
- You should be able to challenge the status quo, and drive data backed decision making.
- Partner closely with Product Managers to understand new product offerings being built and recommend the right metrics to measure the performance of those features
- Identify key metrics, conduct rigorous explorative data analysis, create executive facing dashboards and build business cases that drive decision making and business prioritization
- Analyze merchant product performance and health, triage issues, and provide recommendation on the best course solution and optimization.
- Synthesizing large volumes of data with attention to granular details and present findings and recommendations to senior-level stakeholders
- Guide and mentor group of team members on day-to-day delivery
- Define and cultivate best practices in analytics instrumentation and experimentation
- Support multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance on specific data elements that need to be tracked to enable tracking of metrics and assess user behavior
- Collaborate with data platform teams to build/enhance necessary data platforms to provide metrics & business insights and build alerts to monitor those metrics
What do you need to bring-
- At least 10 years of experience analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing insights into actionable solutions
- At least 4 years of experience in managing analytics teams
- Data driven mindset with a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in any quantitative discipline such as Analytics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics
- Fluent in SQL, Excel, and visualization tools such as Tableau or Looker; experience with a statistical programming language like R or Python preferred
- Experience analyzing very large, complex, multi-dimensional data set
- Experience with one or multiple of the following will be highly desirable; Python, Jupyter Notebooks, Teradata, Hadoop/Hive, SQL, BigQuery
- Domain expertise in payments or other financial services
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, to influence cross-functional teams
- Prior work experience in a product analytics space would be highly valued
- A passion for problem-solving and comfort with ambiguity
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is $107300 to $259600
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
REQ ID R0095797