Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About The Role
The Operations Analyst will identify, prioritize, and execute on key process improvement and data initiatives across our 120+ person Implementation organization. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Implementation, the Operations Analyst will be deeply embedded in our Implementation organization and will be responsible for optimizing our processes and translating them into our business systems configurations. This is a cross-functional role; the Operations Analyst will work closely with our product, revenue operations and business systems teams. The ideal candidate is energized by designing efficient and scalable processes and has a strong attention to detail.
What you will do
- Develop a deep understanding of Rippling’s products, implementation processes, and customer segments
- Identify, prioritize and execute on process improvement and automation initiatives, including process design, training & documentation and systems design
- Work closely with Implementation leadership, front-line Implementation Managers, product leadership, finance & data teams to spec requirements & prioritize initiatives
- Partner with business systems partners to develop a technology roadmap
- Design solutions and architecture to address system/business problems and inefficiencies
- Work closely with offshore and onshore development teams to deliver system solutions
- Lead functional testing to identify system errors and launch systems updates
- Build custom reporting in SFDC, Tableau, Jira, etc.
- Oversee Implementation data, identify, and root cause gaps or inaccuracies
- Partner with product, RevOps and data teams to successfully integrate IM tools and warehouse systems
- Manage day to day activities of system management such as user provisioning, permissions, troubleshooting issues
- Maintain accurate documentation of Rippling’s systems configuration and processes
- Partner closely with the data team to ensure processes enable advanced reporting and analytics
What you will need
- 1-2 years in an Implementation, Professional Services, Customer Experience organization
- 2-3 in Systems Administration, Data & Analytics, Business Operations
- Experience with Tableau, Salesforce, SQL, Jira, Excel
About The Team
We are building a world-class implementation team - committed to helping customers realize the full potential of Rippling - while also adapting to a growing customer base and product ecosystem. Our Implementation organization is roughly 115+ members strong, while our Customer Experience organization stretches over 330+ employees! We often collaborate closely with our R&D partners to continuously improve our products and services and to ensure our clients receive a stellar end-to-end Rippling experience.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.