Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.Job Description
The Square Australia Sales team is looking for a Senior Account Executive to accelerate our shift upmarket. You will be a brand ambassador for Square Australia, sourcing large opportunities outside traditional channels. Your depth of commercial acumen will guide prospects in their evaluation of our platform across a suite of software, hardware and embedded financial services to see if we are suited to solve the diverse challenges they face today. You will work with Square's most prominent use-cases across multiple markets and will report to the Sales Manager, Australia. This role can be based in Melbourne or Sydney.You will:
- Build relationships with multiple stakeholders to configure business cases for change
- Uncover complex strategic objectives across multiple industries and help create custom solutions
- Work with Australian and global Square Sales, Marketing, Product and Partnership teams to provide feedback on the needs of our most creative clients
- Be an expert in the Square ecosystem and understand how these solutions
- Create a great impression for prospective Square merchants by thematically & objectively linking our services as a partner to their long-term goals
- Maintain a current understanding of, and eagerness to improve upon, incumbent sales processes
- Demonstrate a high level of diligence towards external engagement and internal data validity
- Contribute to a productive, engaging and inspiring team environment
- Keep up-to-date with the latest business, industry and product trends
- Previously sold a complex ecosystem of SaaS solutions into multiple industries
- Comfort in navigating through commercial, technical and legal requirements in executing contracts
- The aptitude to demonstrate perpetual benefits of annual recurring operational investment
- Executed a sales plan for a new territory, industry vertical or product suite
- An enthusiasm for prospecting and experience in deploying various sales methodologies
- Genuine curiosity about people and business, with the ability to inspire passion in others
- An interest in participating in frequent bidirectional feedback exercises
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources