Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you!
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can flourish. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based at Sydney. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make Your Impact Within a Rapidly Growing Fintech Company
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our mobile engineering team with the mission to help businesses get paid efficiently. In a team of 5 mobile engineers, you will build from the ground up the Cash-In mobile experience using modern mobile architecture.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Bill.com, you are responsible for driving and contributing to the development of brand new product features through all phases of the development lifecycle. You’ll be in close collaboration with product, design and other engineering teammates in a creative and supportive environment.
We are able to sponsor candidates for this role, so if Sydney is somewhere you'd like to relocate to - dont hesitate to apply!
We’d Love To Chat If You
- Are proficient in latest Kotlin language and mobile architecture patterns to support building at scale
- Have passion for crafting seamless user experiences in a mobile environment
- Act as a key partner with product and design teams to help deliver customer value
- Have a track record of delivering and maintaining a high quality 5 star app
- Have an mindset with the willingness to question the why and continuously improve
- Understand the importance of testing automation
The Nice To Haves
- Previous experience with Apollo GraphQL
- Previous experience with Modularised Architecture
- Prior knowledge with Jetpack Compose
Let’s Talk About Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness Initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- VTO (Volunteer Time Off): 3 days per year
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants