Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
To ensure that Visa’s payment technology is truly available to everyone, everywhere requires the success of our key bank or merchant partners and internal business units. The Global Data Science group supports these partners by using our extraordinarily rich data set that spans more than 3 billion cards globally and captures more than 100 billion transactions in a single year. Our focus lies on building creative solutions that have an immediate impact on the business of our highly analytical partners. We work in complementary teams comprising members from Data Science and various groups at Visa. To support our rapidly growing group we are looking for Data Scientists who are equally passionate about the opportunity to use Visa’s rich data to tackle meaningful business problems.
- Lead data science team supporting merchants, issuers, acquirers and processors, including project oversight, coaching and professional development
- Manage 3 to 5 projects at a time from conception to completion utilizing a team of 5 to 7 experienced professionals
- Experience building and managing teams of data scientists
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor and ability to work with large data sets to synthesize key impacts for clients.
- Develop propensity, segmentation and other predictive models to drive business impact
- Proactively engage with clients and Visa client leadership in regular strategic & planning discussions cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with clients
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges.
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., marketing ,analytics, risk, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Produce insights and analyses to improve client performance, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the payment P&L
- Ideal candidate will have payments and management consulting experience.
- Executive Presence including excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal and ability to communicate at all
- levels within large organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership, managerial and collaboration capabilities, particularly with those who are not direct reports as may be found in a matrixed organization
- Experience in managing teams in execution of projects and career mentorship.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with senior executives
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 8+ years of experience with Bachelor’s Degree or 5+ years with a relevant Masters/Advanced degree (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, MBA)
- including 7+ years in a relevant data field (e.g., Data Science, Data Products, Product Analytics)
- 5+ years of experience applying data science to solve problems for issuers, acquirers or processors
- Experience leading teams of data scientists in machine learning projects
- Recent experience working with and presenting to issuers, acquirers or processors
- Expertise with modern distributed systems, including both Hadoop/SQL and Apache Spark
- Expertise with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as R/Python
- Expertise in the application of predictive modeling and machine learning techniques
- 3+ years of working in payments industry (bank, credit union, Fintech) or management-consulting firm
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development, MLOps or data product development
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills.
Varies upon the needs of the department.
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 153,900.00 to 200,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.