Who we areAbout Stripe
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions
of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious
startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and
accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the
GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That
means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy
within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your
career.About The Team
As we continue to expand our product suite and global presence, we are
looking for insightful and analytical individuals to be financial and
strategic partners to product leaders across Stripe. Your work will be
instrumental to Stripe achieving its mission, be highly visible to
Stripe leadership, and will drive key insights for executive
What you’ll doResponsibilities
- Partner closely with product leaders to drive successful outcomes for your product areas.
- Leverage your financial background to support and influence key strategic and product decisions (e.g., you determine the size of the addressable market by industry vertical, and use this to inform your team’s prioritization and product roadmap).
- Provide analytical rigor and bring strategic leadership to operational initiatives (e.g., you quantify the size of an opportunity that would require cross-functional partnership to address, and effectively collaborate with key stakeholders to implement the solution).
- Lead strategic and financial planning processes for your teams (e.g., Monthly Reviews, Annual Budget, and Long Range Plan), and evaluate organizational tradeoffs in team planning to influence decision making.
- Develop and monitor critical success and business performance metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders (e.g., build automated reports on top of funnel metrics, track average selling price by priority profile and evaluate the effectiveness of monetization strategies, benchmark flow through from volume to gross margin).
- Build and own detailed models for in-depth analyses, as well as ensure their quality, timeliness, and accuracy.
- Be your business teams’ go-to financial partner for ad hoc analysis and relevant external relations (e.g., negotiating new contract terms or evaluating prospective partnerships).
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be
considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are
encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a
- 7+ years of relevant experience within strategic finance, ideally at a high-growth technology company. Investment banking, management consulting and/or private equity experience will also be considered.
- Extensive experience building detailed financial analysis that is used to drive business decisions.
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business partners; you are seen as a trusted and objective advisor.
- An enthusiastic "roll up your sleeves" mentality.
- A proven ability to be a self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision.
- The ability to bring structure to ambiguous areas of opportunity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with SQL or a willingness to learn is a must.